Designs, develops, configures, tests, implements and sustains effective, compliant business systems solutions. Collaborates with supervisors, peers and the business user community alike to design and build solutions that support Company objectives and/or operating efficiencies. Takes ownership of created and assigned system applications, integrations and tools, and proactively provides effective ongoing sustainment of these applications. Can effectively research assigned business applications to identify and resolve issues.
* Develop and maintain programs and applications supporting the merchandise business. Use programming and analytical skills to fix software problems, create programs or perform changes to enhance the application. Adhering to company standards and programming in a structured manner so programs are easily maintained.
* Develop high level and detailed design specifications. Analyzes business and user needs and decides upon the best course of action. Documenting strategies/approaches to solutions based on a thorough review of the desired goal(s) and departmental objectives. Documents tasks, modifications and application flows.
* Perform unit and integration testing. Perform rigorous testing of all fixes, changes, additions and enhancements to any application system. Notify any related personnel of any changes to the application.
* Provide information to other developers by dispersing programming, analytical and application knowledge.
* Track and document time requirements. Communicate project status to team members, users and management. Assist with large group/departmental projects. Attend project meetings and other functions as requested by Leadership.
* Experience with the development life cycle including requirements definition, planning, coding, testing, and documenting computer programs.
* In addition to the performance of the job responsibilities mentioned above, this position is required to perform support functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the supervisor based on the particular requirements of the operation.
* Perform other tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related technical field
* 3+ years of experience using Oracle ERP applications
* 3+ years of experience using JDA Allocation
* 3+ years of experience using Bamboo Rose/TradeStone
* 3+ years of development experience with Oracle related technologies such as:
* Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, J-Developer, SQL & PL/SQL, Oracle Workflow, SQL Loader and BI Publisher.
* 2+ years of practical programming experience using:
* Java and XML
* Proficient in relational database design
* Accurately derives and meets quoted time estimates to program, test and implement system applications; thoroughly tests applications prior to submitting for final review
* Knowledge of retail business processes preferred
* MUST be self-motivated
* Excellent oral and written communication skills; able to provide written and verbal communication with little or no supervision
* Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
* Demonstrate ability to work as a team member as well as a team leader
* Ability to be flexible to the rapidly changing needs of the department and company
* Demonstrates a professional attitude and shows integrity in all submitted work
* Capable of working on multiple assignments in a given time frame
* Proficient using Microsoft Office products, including Visio
Pacific Sunwear of California, Inc., doing business as PacSun, is a United States-based retail clothing brand rooted in the youth oriented culture and lifestyle of California.