Albertsons-Safeway Company is one of the largest food and drug retailers with 2,300+ stores. The Albertsons-Safeway family of brands includes some of the most prominent brands in food retailing, with a growing base of loyal shoppers. Thanks to the professionalism, diversity, spirit and friendliness of our people, we have locations across the U.S.
The Information Technology Department has an opening for a Programmer Analyst. This position is located in Pleasanton, California.
Albertsons-Safeway Company is looking for an individual with application design / implementation / integration experience in the areas of Warehouse Automation/Warehouse Management System in a retail distribution environment.
Our company operates 2300+ Grocery stores and 25+ Distribution Centers across the USA, using a variety of automated Material Handling Equipment and Warehouse Management System.
This role will design, integrate, and implement accurate, efficient and reliable Material Handling Equipment with full integration to Albertsons Warehouse Management System to enable a fully automated warehouse.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Developing strong working relationships at various levels throughout the business and IT community to ensure overall project satisfaction * Assist in managing expectations with both business and IT stakeholders regarding functionality, scope, and deliverables * Provide application design guidance and consultation, based on a thorough understanding of applicable technology, tools and existing designs * Determines and implements the most efficient and cost-effective solution * Advise business partners on intended and optimal use of the provided systems, and assists with process development
* Shape the Material Handling Equipment solutions to fit business objectives in the Supply Chain Warehouse Management domain * Use and administer the organization's Material Handling Equipment technology practices, standards and procedures * Analyze highly complex business requirements and problems * Designs and creates technical specifications to design / redesign complex computer platforms and applications * Ensure logic and design is in alignment with the core architecture of the systems / applications * Analyze existing product software and recommends modifications which will enhance operating capacity and meet
* Act as an expert technical resource for modeling, simulation and analysis efforts * Verify program logic by overseeing the preparation of test data, testing and debugging of programs * Oversee overall systems testing and the migration of platforms and applications to production
* Develop new documentation, departmental technical procedures and user guides * Develop documentation standards, procedures and approval hierarchies
* Provide technical leadership, coaching and mentoring of team members * Oversee the work of less experienced staff. * Lead troubleshooting and root cause determination and proactively identify opportunities to fix issues * Must be able to make sound decisions based on incomplete information, under pressure and maintain project focus
* Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems and / or equivalent combination of education or work experience. MBA a plus * 6+ years of programming experience (REST, SOAP, OOAD, Java EE, Web Services Technologies). * 6+ years of UNIX application experience including strong knowledge in UNIX shell scripting * 4+ years of design and provisioning in a Cloud environment, preferably Microsoft Azure. * Strong experience in Warehouse Management System integration with Material Handling Equipment Systems including but not limited to Vocollect, Dematic, Witron, Symbotic is highly preferred. * Experience with SQL and NoSQL databases and database technologies (SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Informix) * Experience with application servers such as WebSphere, WebLogic, and/or JBoss. * Strong experience with the full software development methodologies (Waterfall, Agile) and landscape management * Strong experience in capacity planning, systems performance analysis and optimization in a distributed environment * Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite is required (Office 365, Visio, Project, PowerBI) * Preferred experience working with infrastructure team (networking, storage, server builds, monitoring) * Preferred experience working with ETL and middleware data-transfer tools (MQ, MIM, AXWAY) * Preferred experience working with Enterprise Data Hub/Enterprise Data Integration * Excellent organizational and troubleshooting skills with attention to detail * Strong knowledge of programming documentation processes / procedures * Strong ability to understand client expectations and to resolve issues that may affect delivery * Ability to build constructive relationships with senior application architects and project managers * Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively in a matrix organization * Demonstrated ability to work effectively with outside contracting vendors, and software application providers. * Self-starter, with a demonstrated ability to learn beyond formal training, with a strong aptitude for delivering quality products * Excellent communications skills (written and oral), customer service and problem-solving skills * Understanding of emerging business solutions, technologies, and delivery methodologies * Ability to contribute to making critical and successful decisions under pressure * 15% of travel is required
How to Apply: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting https://www.albertsonscompanies.com/careers.html
Diversity is fundamental at Albertsons-Safeway. We foster an inclusive working environment where the different strengths and perspectives of each employee is both recognized and valued. We believe that building successful relationships with our customers and our communities is only possible through the diversity of our people. A diverse workforce leads to better teamwork and creative thinking, as well as mutual understanding and respect.
The Albertsons-Safeway policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion and other conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status or any other legally protected status.
We support a drug-free workplace -- all applicants offered a position are required to pass a pre-employment drug test before they are hired.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Safeway is a company operating a supermarket chain.