PlayStation isn't just the Best Place to Play -it's also the Best Place to Work. We've thrilled gamers since 1994, when we launched the original PlayStation. Today, we're recognized as a global leader in interactive and digital entertainment. The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Program Support Manager
San Mateo, CA
PlayStation is for everyone. Today we're blazing a trail into the future of entertainment systems, games and apps with PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3 and PlayStation Vita. And we connect players to us, each other, and exciting content with services such as PlayStation Plus, PlayStation Vue, and PlayStation Network. To maintain Sony PlayStation's status as the global leader in interactive and digital entertainment, we rely on our Programs team of experts to coordinate and build processes and procedures to ensure the consistent quality of experience for Sony Interactive Entertainment's consumer services programs.
As the Program Support Manager, you are a results-driven thinker who understands the PlayStation consumer's experience needs and can translate those into actionable initiatives. You have experience performing under pressure in a fast-paced environment and can partner across an organizational matrix to deliver optimal results against challenging timelines. You are passionate about online gaming and have an interest in media and entertainment. Your contribution will directly impact Sony Interactive Entertainment's core business and drive consumer loyalty. You will be a part of our group dedicated to ensuring the rapid resolution of critical consumer experience blockers! As part of this group, you will work closely with project managers, developers, CX stakeholders, and Analytics to ensure matters are escalated and addressed promptly.
* Own the end-to-end consumer journey from when a program starts through the planning, execution & operations.
* Accountable for identifying key consumer pain points and working cross-functionally with internal stakeholders to share impact and feedback that lead to improvements in the overall consumer experience.
* Serve as the primary point of contact with our contact centers ensuring quality and customer satisfaction goals are met. You will focus on improving the agent's knowledge, evolving process and policies to ensure customer issues are resolved on the first contact.
* Define and ensure the delivery of advanced support readiness activities before new launches, features, content changes, promotions, and major events.
* Oversee and report on Customer Support KPIs, including contact rates, known issue reporting, satisfaction, and set SLAs.
* Develop and improve Customer Support workflows, knowledge documentation, and training to reduce support contacts, increase satisfaction, and decrease churn.
* Take accountability for reducing support costs by improving self-service support, eliminating repeat contacts, and other automation or innovation strategies.
* Work directly with Contact Center partner personnel to realize and reduce customer dissatisfaction due to behavioral or knowledge gaps, ineffective processes or technology improvements.
* Collaborate cross-functionally to execute on company initiatives and achieve department goals.
* Provide Consumer Experience support to Integrated Marketing efforts across Sony Pictures and other Sony companies.
* Support marketing partnership globally with events when needed.
* 5+ years of experience in Customer Support or Experience management or related field.
* Bachelor's degree in Business Management/Administration or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Experience performing under pressure in a fast-paced environment and can partner across an organizational matrix to deliver optimal results against challenging timelines.
* Passionate about online gaming and have an interest in media and entertainment.
* Experience delivering impactful projects/programs and serve as the change agent driving adoption of procedures across the global Consumer Experience organization.
* Ability to travel to contact centers or other Sony offices every other month.
* Weekend and evening schedule flexibility required to support major programming events and triage unexpected incidents.
* Strong communication skills - Requires the ability to build compelling slide decks and present a narrative that will influence others.
* Analytically minded with ability to parse through a large volume of data to detect trends and report on insights. Must be adept at using Excel.
* Ability to build consensus, establish trust, communicate effectively and foster culture change across organizational boundaries
* Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
* Adaptability when dealing with emerging or maturing products and services
* Ability to research, analysis and solve complex problems into solutions.
* Knowledge and effective use of project management processes and tools.
* Ability to work well independently or within a team, and adapt to dynamics associated with emerging / maturing products and services.
* Master's degree or MBA in a related discipline.
* Knowledge of SFDC
* Prior experience in retail, e-commerce
* Past success in establishing support protocol when a new product is released
* Software, Hardware or Services Lifecycle understanding and practices
* Project management discipline (SCRUM, PMP, Agile) and associated documentation skills
* Change Management process knowledge or certification
* Experience working in a multilingual environment and/or a good knowledge of another language.
* Experience working within the gaming industry a plus.
* Excellent team player with a positive attitude who is fun to work with.
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, legally protected physical or mental disability, covered veteran status, status in the U.S. uniformed services, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
We sincerely appreciate the time and effort you spent in contacting us and we thank you for your interest in PlayStation.