THIS POSITION IS NOT YET FUNDED.
We are GDIT. The people supporting and securing some of the most complex government, defense and intelligence projects across the country. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. Our work has meaning and impact on the world around us, but also on us, and that's important. GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day.
We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into opportunity. We have a future opportunity for a Senior Program Manager to join our team, supporting AFNCR-ITS activities at the Pentagon, JB Andrews or Bolling AFB in the VA/MD/DC area.
In this role you will manage and be responsible for the successful completion of all tasks in assigned program area with annual revenues of $10M and above. Additionally, you will provide program management support to ensure the Government's requirements are met within schedule, per GSO operational prioritization, fulfilling customer requirements, and ensuring customer satisfaction.
* Lead appropriate staff, to coordinate, integrate, plan, and oversee tasks, functions, contractor administration and management, cost management, and reporting to the Government on all activities under the program PWS.
* Meet with the Contracting Officer's Representative (COR) or designated representatives, and other contractor PgMs as appropriate, at least monthly to address contract issues and program execution.
* Track program level risks (cost, schedule, and performance), notify KO and COR on changes in risks, with potential mitigations as they relate to services under this contract.
* Identify key performance parameters/indicators (KPP/KPI), included in the Quality Control Plan, to monitor work performance, measure results, ensure deliverables and services meet or exceed contract requirements, support management and decision-making, and facilitate communications.
* Identify risks, resolve or mitigate problems, verify effectiveness of corrective actions and implement measures to prevent recurrence. Institute and maintain processes that ensure problems and action items discussed with the Government are tracked through resolution and provide timely status reporting. Results of Contractor actions taken to improve performance should be tracked and lessons learned incorporated into applicable processes.
* Accomplish all necessary transition-in and transition-out planning and implementation activities effectively and seamlessly while in continual coordination with the Government.
* Process and track requirements and system engineering solutions with applicable database management tools (currently Remedy).
* Recommend and provide a Cost Reduction Plan at least annually to support system and service modernization, upgrades, and replacement activities for the enterprise and Systems, Functions, and Capabilities (SFC).
* Develop and deliver to the government a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) to serve as the framework for organizing contractor, subcontractor, and interfaces with associate contractor activities and delivered to the Government.
* Perform activities necessary and complete Government-provided checklists to ensure operational readiness and compliance in preparation for inspections, such Operational Readiness Inspections (ORIs), Unit Effectiveness Inspections (UEIs), and Command Cyber Readiness Inspections (CCRIs).
* Provide full IT support to customers during real-world emergencies, to include crises declared by the President of the United States (POTUS) or Secretary of Defense (SECDEF), in performance of this contract.
* Provide full IT support to customers during natural disasters and weather events as declared by base leadership or Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
* Activate an internal alert notification procedure to ensure that all Contractor personnel respond in accordance with (IAW) - Contingency and Disaster Recovery Planning.
Master's degree in an Information Technology or Computer Science area of study
* Program Management Professional (PgMP) OR PMP certification with 6000 hours of Project Management and 6000 hours of Program Management experience is required.
* 10-12 years of related experience and DoD experience required.
* Secret clearance is required.
* Pentagon or Air Force experience preferred.
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.