The Program Specialist III provides technical support to contracted providers, cost report preparers and HHSC Auditors and responds to phone and/or email inquiries regarding Cost Reports and payment rates. Maintains log of updates to cost data collection instruments and detailed instruction manuals to collect cost data from contracted providers for use in payment rate analysis. Compiles comments received during hearings for consideration by staff in establishing reimbursement rates, rules, and procedures. Essential Job Functions:
1. Counsels and responds to providers, preparers and audotors via email or phone regarding various issues, such as cost reports, enrollment questions, rate enhancement, etc. Educates external audiences regarding long term services and supports reimbursement rates. Communicates to general audiences using general level knowledge of all LTSS reimbursement rate methodologies in order to provide accurate and informative responses to providers in a timely manner. (50%)
2. Maintains various cost report instruction manuals, schedules, and worksheets which are posted to the LTSS webpage. Coordinates with the other LTSS teams to ensure that cost report materials are updated as necessary relating to changes in rules and procedures. (10%)
3. Maintains cost report training materials as necessary relating to changes in rules and procedures. Develops the training schedule as defined by the Team Lead for the Customer Information Center to ensure all providers have access to training prior to cost report collection. (10%)
4. Attends public hearings on reimbursement rates, rules and other hearings as assigned, and consolidates comments received during the hearings. Collects provider feedback regarding training to implement positive solutions to make cost report collection more efficient and timely. (10%)
5. Special projects or inquiries related to program specific calculations, projections, or other research. (15%)
6. Assists team lead and/or other section teams with various activities on projects, as needed. (5%) Knowledge Skills Abilities:
* Ability to analyze provider requests * Skill in critical thinking and decision making * Excellent verbal and written communication skills * Skill with computers and various computer software such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and Microsoft PowerPoint. * Significant Customer service skills * Ability to communicate with providers, present training, and other public speaking * Knowledge of Long Term Services and Supports programs and rates * Knowledge of Medicaid reimbursement principles Registration or Licensure Requirements:
None Initial Selection Criteria:
High School Diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Experience presenting training and having other public contact.
Extensive customer service experience.
Experience with computers and computer software.
Knowledge of long term services and supports programs, rates, rate setting, and Medicaid reimbursement principles.
Ability to interpret questions regarding cost reports and other financial documents.
Knowledge of HHSC Long Term Services and Supports cost reports.
Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing. Additional Information:
Note: There may be no military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position. All active duty military, reservists, guardsmen, and veterans are encouraged to apply if qualified to fill this position. For more information see the Texas State Auditor's Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.