SAIC is seeking a multi-faceted security professional to develop creative protection strategies for our nation's most critical and sensitive technologies at the DoD's premier Research and Development (R&D) branch, the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency (DARPA), located in Arlington, VA.
Daily, the candidate will be challenged with outside of the box thinking, be plugged into the latest technological threats and capabilities, and interact with the nation's brightest minds.The candidate will be responsible for managing a portfolio of classified programs and perform the following duties in support of exciting new technological breakthroughs akin to Warrior Web, the XS-1 Spaceplane, and the BRAIN Initiative, just to name a few www.darpa.mil:
* Apply critical thinking and creative problem solving to program security challenges and present recommendations and findings to government security officials and/or DARPA senior leadership
* Analyze new technology to identify critical program information (CPI), analyze threats and vulnerabilities, and develop Program Protection and OPSEC plans to prevent compromise
* Plan, coordinate, and manage classified R&D test activities, which includes occasional domestic travel to cleared defense contractors and/or US Government test ranges
* Provide advice to DARPA program managers and cleared defense contractors to ensure security programs are in compliance with national and DARPA security policies
* Develop a wide range of program security documentation, such as Technology Transfer Agreements, Security Classification Guides, and Security Test Plans
This job is located in the new Ballston Quarter - in the heart of Arlington, VA with easy access to the metro and across from where the Washington Capitals practice! Live, work, and play in Ballston Quarter!
* Active/current TS clearance (with SCI eligibility) is required.
* Bachelor's degree and 2-5 years of security experience (additional 4 years of work experience can be substituted in lieu of degree).
* Possess knowledge of Executive Order 13526, the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM), DoD Information Security Manuals, and/or DoD SAP Security Manuals.
* Ability to collect, prioritize, and analyze large amounts of information in order to compile findings, conduct analysis, and present conclusions, options, and recommendations to senior leadership in the form of oral presentations and/or written reports.
* Ability to constructively engage and resolve challenging situations.
* Independent self-starter, proactive, and professionally assertive.
* Proficiency with MS Office Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint and Outlook).