SpaceX was founded under the belief that a future where humanity is out exploring the stars is fundamentally more exciting than one where we are not. Today SpaceX is actively developing the technologies to make this possible, with the ultimate goal of enabling human life on Mars.
Program Security Officer (Top Secret Cleared)
* Support personnel security and related programs for U.S. Government launch contracts
* Assist with the preparation and processing of U.S. Government forms SF85, SF85P, and SF86
* Maintaining database of all clearances, clearance requests, and background investigations
* Preparing Program Access Requests (PARs), Pre-Screening Questionnaires (PSQs), and accompanying forms for Special Programs (SAP)
* Input data and manage Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS/DISS)
* Coordinate additional security requirements such as, schedule polygraphs with government customers, and special access indoctrinations/debriefings and other security-centric education
* Process incoming/outgoing classified visit requests
* Maintain accountability of associated program materials
* Conduct pre-travel and post-travel security briefings
* Assist with programmatic self-inspections and government inspections
* Support COMSEC tasks
* Attend and support to various customer meetings and working groups
* High School Diploma or GED
* 3+ years of combined security related experience specifically as a U.S. Government employee or U.S. Government contractor, performing responsibilities such as preparing U.S. Government forms SF85, SF85P, and SF86, processing security clearances, and assisting with security briefings/visits
* Experience using Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS/DISS)
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Bachelor's or master's degree
* Strong knowledge of NISPOM, IC directives, and related security policy and procedures
* Strong knowledge of the Electronic Questionnaires for Investigations Processing (e-QIP) system/familiarity with other U.S. Government systems.
* Past experience with JPAS/DISS
* Intelligence Community (IC) and Special Access Program (SAP) program security experience
* Knowledge or experience with SAP Personnel Security
* Active Top Secret/SCI U.S. Government clearance, or active Top Secret clearance with favorable completion of a U.S. Government polygraph pursuant to employment
* Candidates will be subject to pre-employment screening (including background check, drug/alcohol test, psychology exam, polygraph, and sample writing test), and to random drug/alcohol testing throughout employment
* Ability to travel in support of programmatic requirements
* To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here.
SpaceX is an Equal Opportunity Employer; employment with SpaceX is governed on the basis of merit, competence and qualifications and will not be influenced in any manner by race, color, religion, gender, national origin/ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Applicants wishing to view a copy of SpaceX's Affirmative Action Plan for veterans and individuals with disabilities, or applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application/interview process should notify the Human Resources Department at (310) 363-6000.
SpaceX (also known as Space Exploration Technologies) is an aerospace manufacturer and space transport services company.