United States of America - New York, New York City
Aecom is seeking a Program and Project controls manager for our NYC office.
* Skilled in the development of commercial strategies. Capable of participating in negotiations.
* Requires a demonstrated ability to effectively lead the project controls function on a medium to large project.
* Documents employee performance issues and plays an instrumental role in resolution as appropriate.
* Assumes mentoring and training roles as requested and identifies high potential employees to management.
* Conducts root cause analysis.
* Drafts comprehensive project procedures.
* Possesses proven knowledge of scope control and change management.
* Utilizes extensive knowledge of construction contracting including the manner in which contract type effects implementation of project controls systems.
* Reviews performance trends, prepares analysis and cost impact and monthly project performance reports, and recommends contractor invoices for approval.
* Evaluates manpower, labor hour, and labor cost requirements versus budget limitations.
* Oversees the production and maintenance of accurate project schedules. Expert understanding of schedule resource loading and leveling.
* Assists the Project Manager in budgeting and managing incentive programs.
* Holds an expert understanding of schedule, critical path analysis, resource loading and leveling.
* Establishes and maintains client relationships.
* Has the ability to review and analyze project program and oversee the production of accurate progress/performance reports.
* Able to review and assess (as required) raw data that comes from project automated systems.
* Serves as a key participant in client and/or subcontractor negotiations
* Participates in staffing decisions for projects.
* Ensures that a tracking database is developed and maintained to cross check subcontractor funding is aligned with work authorization and expenditures.
* Involved in tracking system to insure that Project Management team is fully aware of detailed change order status.
BA/BS + 10 years related experience , including 2 years in a leadership role.
Detailed hands on experience with Public and Private Sector Project Controls , using best practices for large Engineering and Construction organizations.
Demonstrated success implementing Project Controls Systems using Best Practices and Case Studies. Extensive and diversified experience in successfully leading large project teams in implementing project management, control processes and systems at the corporate as well as large program levels in a Capital Planning and Design-Build environment for both Contractor and Owner organizations.
Offers skills demonstrated through achievements of results in leading and performing a full range of project management and control functions including oversight, direction, training in the areas of planning, scheduling, cost engineering, performance measurement, change control management, earn value management, risk management, revenue recognition and process re-engineering.
Successfully demonstrated skills in working with all levels of organizations including design, construction, capital planning, finance, information technology, legal, procurement and human resources.
Member of PMI College of Scheduling
Certified Project Management Professional (PMP),
Certified Cost Engineer (CCE),
Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP),
Earned Value Professional (EVP) and
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is
pioneering the future . Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions
inclusion, diversity and overall
employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our
core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only
delivering a better world , but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Program and Project Management
Business Line PMCM
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United States of America
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 220875BR
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
AECOM is an engineering company that provides design, consulting, construction, and management services to governments, businesses, and organizations.