Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Program Planning and Scheduling Manager 2 to join its Program Scheduling and Compliance Center of Excellence. The Manager will be responsible for leading a department of 8-10 program schedulers, providing guidance and direction in the preparation and coordination of plans and integrated schedules for new and existing programs.
This position reports to the Sector Director of Scheduling and Compliance and is located in San Diego, CA - SPECTRUM CENTER Location.
To learn more about our hiring process for manager positions, please view our Selecting the Best Qualified Managers video: www.northropgrumman.com/SQMVideo
Specific roles and responsibilities of the Program Planning and Scheduling Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
* Manage all scheduling efforts and schedule baselines
* Provide site schedulers with day to day hands on support, guidance, troubleshooting, and satisfying Programmatic requirements
* Project management including managing multiple priorities against ambitious timelines
* Function as a change agent, creating an environment of trust, compliance, continuous improvement and learning
* Support/coordinate internal and external surveillance audits
* Ensure full compliance with corporate policies, with particular focus on implementation of the NGMS Earned Value Management System
* Provide support to bids, bid reviews, and internal projects
* Advise business managers in integrating project schedules with Earned Value Management
* Support integrated baseline reviews
* Advise on integrated project master reports
* Attend site business management meetings to define schedule needs and work with Sector Scheduling management on resource allocation needs
* Assist Sector scheduling group in evaluating goals and objectives for site schedulers
* Perform in a fast paced, frequently changing, and demand driven environment
* Problem solving and decision making requiring excellent communication skills
* Travel 10%, as required
RELOCATION ASSISTANCE MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR THIS OPPORTUNITY
* Bachelors degree with experience relevant to the position as described PLUS 8 years of hands-on experience in Program Planning / Scheduling utilizing Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software
* An additional 4 years of related experience may be accepted in lieu of Bachelor's degree.
* Demonstration of a strong understanding of project management and earned-value management principles and their application to complex projects.
* Experience using a Monte Carlo schedule risk simulator such as Oracle Primavera Risk Analyzer
* Experience in a DOD manufacturing or engineering development environment.
* Proficiency in MS Office Programs (MS Project, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word).
* The willingness and ability to travel domestically 10% of the time.
* Current, active US Secret level security clearance is required.
* Bachelors degree in a Business Administration or Engineering with 10 years of hands-on experience in Program Planning / Scheduling utilizing Microsoft Project or similar scheduling software
* Familiarity with Earned Value tools (MPM, Cobra, etc.)
* Experience in applying integrated cost/schedule and critical path methodologies within an Earned Value (EVMS) environment.
* Familiarity with the NDIA's Planning and Scheduling Excellence Guide.
* Experience in Aerospace and/or Defense programs and familiarity with
* Integrated Program Management Report (IPMR).
* Current, active Top Secret clearance.
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR, and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.