As part of a unique and highly-skilled team, you will participate in the development of the various CAS-covered programs. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills that can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for leading the Program Planning and Controls (PP&C) Team for the Government Segment, providing guidance and direction for scheduling and planning within a fast-paced group developing human space flight hardware. In this hands-on position, you will work to increase the speed and efficiency of our programs, by ensuring the timely delivery, quality and transparency of schedules and financial data to support the company's business decisions. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Manage the Government Segment Program Planning and Controls function, which provides support to program management in scheduling, resource planning, cost analysis and reporting
* Primary Role - Manage integrated scheduling and resource planning
* Develop and implement standardized processes and guidelines
* Develop and ensure the maintenance of the Integrated Master Schedule
* Establish and execute a Schedule Management Rhythm to provide visibility, status, and regular reviews on schedule performance
* Manage schedule baseline change control
* Communicate performance, critical paths, variances and mitigation recommendations to stakeholders
* Lead program resource loading/leveling, analysis and optimization of the Program Schedule to meet required dates
* Prepare and submit customer-required schedule reporting
* Collaborate with Engineers and manufacturing to ensure integration, and with Buyers to status critical procurements and impact to schedule
* Perform "what if" scenarios, and develop recovery plans
* Participate in the development and implementation of an Earned Value Management System
* Ensure integrated cost and schedule plans
* Monitor and communicate trends and performance
* Provide status and forecast reports to Company leadership
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Project Management
* 7 - 10 years' experience in Manufacturing or Aerospace in an EVM environment
* Broad/deep scheduling and planning skillset in a government contracting/FAR-15 compliance program; experience with large project controls, project planning and IMS
* Proficiency with resource loaded schedules using Primavera (P6), Open Plan, MS Project, or other software
* Heavy hands-on Project Controls skillset, specifically in scheduling and planning complex projects
* Experience in budgeting, cost analysis, and financial reporting for internal reviews and customer-required reporting (CPR format 6, schedule risk assessments etc.)
* Strong computer skills (MS Excel, MS Project)
* Strong communication skills in technical work environments
* Analytical, organization and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Expert-level proficiency in P6
* Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
* Experience with Deltek, COBRA, cost/schedule integration tools
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.