As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will participate in the development of space launch vehicles. We are seeking a proactive, service-oriented individual with excellent oral, written and interpersonal skills that can thrive in a fast paced environment. You will be primarily responsible for leading a Program Planning and Controls (PP&C) Team, providing guidance and direction for scheduling and planning within a fast-paced group developing human space flight hardware. In this hands-on position, you'll work to increase the speed and efficiency of our programs, by ensuring the timely delivery, quality and transparency of schedule and financial data to support decisions, pro-actively improving forecasting, planning and schedule performance. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Manage Program Planning and Controls Team which provides support to program management in scheduling, resource planning, cost analysis and reporting
* Primary Role - Manage integrated scheduling and resource planning
* Develop, implement and maintain standardized processes and guidelines
* Develop and ensure the maintenance of the Integrated Master Schedule
* Execute to a set schedule management rhythm to provide visibility, status, and regular reviews on schedule performance
* Manage schedule baseline change control
* Communicate performance, critical paths and variances to stakeholders
* Support the development and implementation of Earned Value Light
* Lead Program resource loading/leveling, analysis and optimization of the IMS to meet required dates
* Collaborate cross-functionally to ensure integration with manufacturing
* Collaborate with Company leadership to develop and implement strategic plans for operations and growth
* Perform "what if" scenarios and develop recovery plans
* Set skills and performance standards for the PP&C Team and perform department hiring, staffing planning, and performance reviews
* Secondary Role - Manage integration of budgeting and cost analysis to the New Glenn Schedule
* Ensure integrated cost and schedule plans
* Monitor and communicate trends and performance
* Provide status and forecast reports to Company leadership
* Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business, Project Management or related field
* 15+ years' experience in Manufacturing or Aerospace
* Heavy hands-on Project Controls skillset, specifically in scheduling and planning complex projects
* Proficiency with cost and resource loaded schedules using Primavera (P6), Open Plan or MS Project
* Experience in one or more of the following areas: Budgeting, cost analysis, and financial reporting
* Self-starter, strong bias for action
* Analytical, organization and problem solving skills
* Attention to detail and high level of accuracy
* Strong computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite)
* Strong communication skills in technical work environments
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Project Management certification (PMP/Certified Project Manager) or Program Management Office (PMO)
* Earned Value Management (EVM) experience
* Experience with Deltek, COBRA, cost/schedule integration tools
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.