Description:The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds' hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we'll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important mission? We are a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Program Planning team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach - and yours -- as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Littleton, CO seeks an experienced, mid-career level Program Planner to support the next generation GPS III (Global Positioning System) missions. More than ever, now is a great time for you to join the GPS program. Get involved with the opportunities to not only help shape the future of this program, but be a part of a proven team as we prepare for the second launch of the next generation of GPS satellites. If you are an enthusiastic self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment with experience in development and maintenance of a software program's integrated master schedules, this is an ideal opportunity to continue developing your career in Program Planning and Program Management. You will be part of a team that plans and manages detailed schedule networks from design, assembly, test, and into operations. The ability to lead by example, influence, and foster collaboration and teamwork to generate impactful results will be an element important of your success.
Summary of key duties for this position
* You will interface with Engineering, Finance and Business Operations, Supply Chain, and Program Management while working with the entire planning team to translate authorized customer requirements into the performance measurement baseline
* You will develop and maintain compliant Integrated Master Schedules which accurately and comprehensively validate contractual scope, work flow, and resources required to execute the program
* You will work with cross-functional teams to drive progress and performance, monitor changes and status, and facilitate communication between stakeholders
* You will assist in negotiating handoffs between product areas regarding technical content and schedules as well as facilitating workaround planning as required
* You will serve as a liaison by maintaining, publishing, and presenting relevant planning and scheduling information and metrics to provide visibility and communicate potential issues to management and engineering
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 9 - 15 years of professional experience.
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
* Paid time off
* 25 three-day weekends
* Career development
* Mentorship opportunities
* Rewards & recognition
* 8-10 years of professional experience in an operational planning or scheduling type of capacity
* Earned value management (EVM) experience with a focus on EVM compliance
* Working knowledge of a scheduling tool such as MS Project Server (preferred), Primavera, ProjectView, or other comparable scheduling tool
* Bachelors degree
* Extensive Microsoft Project Server and Microsoft Excel Experience Additional Planning knowledge/experience
(examples: Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Manufacturing Resource Planning (MRP)
* Experience with resource loaded schedules
* Experience with Schedule Risk Assessments (Monte Carlo simulations)
* Demonstrated ability to compile, prepare and present information to management and customers
* Strong sense of follow-up and closure with strict attention to detail and quality
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.