A Program Manager 2 is part of a key team of Technology professionals managing technical programs that deliver significant business value to Nordstrom and its customers. In this role the Program Manager 2 will also be a primary contact with the vendor responsible for day to day technical support in the stores. This position works across department and functional lines on a variety of programs that range in scope, risk and complexity. The Program Manager 2 partners with internal stakeholders to develop, design, launch and support technology solutions. This position interacts with people in both business and technical roles to create specifications and resolve issues with an eye toward continuous improvement.
* Business partnership with key stakeholders in Rack and Full Line Stores. Build and maintain relationships with store and regional personnel. (including LP, Building Service, Service Experience)
* Combines full understanding of concepts, theories and principles with business insights and manages moderately complex programs
* Builds and delivers against plans across a single capability, and communicates clearly through Director Level
* Creates, evolves & communicates capability requirements and specifications that align to the strategy
* Applies technical, functional and customer expertise to deliver requirements and specifications that are accurate, clear, technically sound and implementable
* Knows who customers are and communicates technical requirements to dependent teams. Defines data requirements in both technical and business terms that inform the success of programs
* Facilitates team progress in choosing programmatic solutions and making effective business decisions
* Produces and demonstrates capabilities for trainings and for stakeholders and business partners
* Demonstrates a strategic understanding of the timing and rational for design choices for a capability
* Uses customer lens to create data measurements to quantify measures for success and recognizes gaps in technical and operational KPI's
* Demonstrates a broad understanding of how the business operates and uses financial and business knowledge to inform a business case
* Possesses base level knowledge of technology (e.g. Windows technologies, iOS, networking, wifi, etc.)
* Possesses broad understanding of end to end capability and applies engineering lifecycle knowledge to feature design, task estimation, design review, story creation, triage, schedule and performance standards.
* Represents general technology perspective in meetings with partner engineering and business stakeholders
* Interacts with the vendor to ensure quality standards are met.
* This position may be required to perform other related duties as assigned.
* 4 year degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
* 3 + years of Project or Program Management experience
* 3 + years of demonstrated successful program delivery
* 3+ experience managing projects involving hardware, software & networking
* Management of programs with cross-functional stakeholders
* Store operations experience a plus
We've got you covered…
Our employees are our most important asset and that's reflected in our benefits. Nordstrom is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
* Time Off
* Merchandise Discount
* Lifework / EAP resources
A few more important points...
The job posting highlights the most critical responsibilities and requirements of the job. It's not all-inclusive. There may be additional duties, responsibilities and qualifications for this job.
Nordstrom will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with all legal requirements.
Applicants with disabilities who require assistance or accommodation should contact the nearest Nordstrom location, which can be identified at www.nordstrom.com.
© 2018 Nordstrom, Inc.
Current Nordstrom employees: To apply, log into Workday, click the Careers button and then click Find Jobs.