Every immune system has a story to tell- the key is knowing how to listen. Our goal is to meaningfully improve people's lives by learning from the wisdom of their adaptive immune systems. It's a bold objective that we're uniquely built to achieve.
At Adaptive, you'll be challenged, you'll be inspired, and you'll be part of an innovative organization making a real impact on improving the quality of life globally. No matter what your role is, you'll find a diverse, team-driven, fun culture where your contributions truly count.
The Program Manager, TCR Discovery leads the operational management efforts of the TCR Discovery team for both external collaborations and internal product development. In partnership with program leadership, this position is responsible for implementing the strategic and operational plans for program initiatives and projects, managing resources and budget, as well as influencing internal partners to ensure program objectives are met. This position will also interact with external collaborators to establish clear processes and gather experimental requirements as necessary. This role may have supervisory responsibilities within the TCR Discovery team as well.
* Implement the strategic program plan for the TCR Discovery team including assessments, timelines, resources, budget, risk mitigation, and execution under guidance from and in partnership with program leadership.
* Provide operational direction and leadership for the TCR Discovery program to ensure the successful delivery of operational activities in line with the program strategy.
* Drive the development and manage the execution of cross-functional plans for scientific projects and product development including scenario planning, high level forecasting of timelines, project feasibility, estimation of budget and resources, and development of program strategies.
* Interact with external collaborators to gather requirements, assess resource needs and risks, establish timelines, and communicate progress.
* Leverage internal resources across business lines and locations to meet program objectives, identifying gaps in resources and escalating solutions.
* Communicate program initiatives to cross-functional teams, management, and other stakeholders.
* Function as a subject matter expert to internal and external stakeholders on TCR Discovery program initiatives.
* Manage budget and spending with a focus on making best use of available resources.
* Delegate resources, resolve conflicts, communicate goals, and manage changing priorities to keep program objectives on schedule.
* Education: BS or MS degree in Biology, Immunology, Cellular Biology, or similar; Ph.D. preferred
* Minimum of 5 years experience managing multiple scientific projects and working with scientific teams in pharma, biotech or academic fields
* Experience prioritizing and managing multiple complex projects, including proven success influencing multiple groups and business lines to adjust timelines and resources as needed
* Proficiency with program/project management, productivity and collaboration software tools (MS Excel, MS SharePoint, MS Project, Smartsheet, Tableau, etc.)
* Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, able to navigate complex relationships and group dynamics to build consensus across scientific, technical and corporate groups
* Detail-focused and organized with strong critical thinking skills
* Demonstrated success working within a team environment, adapt to change with agility and poise, and possess results-oriented approach
About the TCR Discovery Team: Based in South San Francisco, Adaptive's Discovery team is developing a world-class high-throughput TCR discovery platform. Our mission is to resolve the T cell repertoire by combining Adaptive's core next generation TCR sequencing with cellular immunology assays to identify antigen-specific TCRs at an unprecedented scale. Our goal is to produce clinically useful TCR-based biomarkers and therapeutics, and ultimately to map the universe of antigens recognized by human T cells. #BeingAdaptive
Adaptive Biotechnologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
NOTE TO EMPLOYMENT AGENCIES: Adaptive Biotechnologies values our relationships with our Recruitment Partners and will only accept resumes from those partners whom have been contracted by a member of our Human Resources team to collaborate with us. Adaptive Biotechnologies is not responsible for any fees related to resumes that are unsolicited or are received by any employee of Adaptive Biotechnologies who is not a member of the Human Resources team.
About Adaptive Biotechnologies
Adaptive Biotechnologies offers research and diagnostic tools for scientists and clinicians involved in genomic immunology.