Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the leading cloud provider, providing virtualized infrastructure, storage, networking, messaging, and many other services to customers all over the world. AWS runs a globally distributed environment, operating at massive scale. AWS is leading the next paradigm shift in computing and is looking for world class candidates to lead our program efforts to accelerate U.S. state and local government (SLG) customer adoption.
Amazon Web Services Public Sector seeks a passionate, results-oriented program manager to manage SLG customer efforts to build foundations for cloud adoption and remove blockers to cloud adoption. You will define program requirements to implement team strategies, drive objectives, and lead through influence to meet business goals. You will lead cross-functional virtual teams to identify, evaluate, track, and remove key blockers affecting SLG customers, and you will create repeatable mechanisms (e.g., data, process, technology) to improve team-wide efficiency and delivery.
Roles and Responsibilities
* Work closely with business development managers to define business problems, program requirements, tactics, and solutions that implement team strategies
* Develop a deep understanding of SLG business requirements and goals, in order to achieve the right results, in the right quality, and at the right time
* Develop relationships and connections with internal and external customers and stakeholders
* Drive cross-functional teams (including public policy, PR, marketing, legal, finance, tax, compliance, sales, and security) to deliver difficult projects and tactical goals, including delivering workstreams and actions that SLG customers, AWS, and other stakeholders can undertake to build foundations for cloud adoption and to remove blockers to cloud adoption
* Create new mechanisms to improve the quality and pace of SLG customer outcomes
* Use project management tools and technology to track progress and provide regular reporting to management and other stakeholders
* Operate independently, seeking guidance and direction as needed
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.