The Program Manager will manage a portfolio of engagements and/or multi-phased projects for a single enterprise/customer. The person in this role can take a highly complex enterprise level program with multiple phases, interrelated work stream, and different stakeholders and manage it holistically. The Program Manager is the single point of contact for the entire program of work and may have other project manager(s) reporting to him/her.
The Program Manager has revenue responsibility and is a client facing role.
Success criteria/metrics for this role will include:
* Account growth * Achieving revenue targets for delivered revenue * Billable utilization * Success delivery of the project portfolio * Customer satisfaction * Being a trusted advisor to the practice, PMO & account teams - Providing thought leadership
* Owns the forecast for the assigned opportunities
* On-going opportunity identification
* Delivery partner management
* Resource planning across assigned projects
* Deal and SOW reviews
* Liaison with sales account managers
* Status calls with accounts managers who have in-flight projects
* Contributing to Best Practices
* Collecting IP produced during project delivery
* Managing customers, VMware consultants, external partners and project managers
* Escalation of technical and commercial issues
* Rolled up portfolio level reporting
* Define and manage overall project risks and take corrective action in a proactive manner to
mitigate those risks
* Provide clear and timely communication regarding the status of the portfolio - schedule,
budget, progress to date, risks etc. - to relevant stakeholders
* Engage with Sales and Account teams to identify/drive account growth opportunities
* Drive continuous improvement of project processes - methodology, templates, best practices
etc. based on lessons learned from projects
* At least 15 years of technical project management experience preferably as a Professional services consultant
* Experience in customer-facing positions as a professional services consultant or engineer, preferably with a Technology or "Big 5" consulting organization
* Excellent communications and interpersonal skills
* B.S./B.A./M.S. degree or equivalent technical training
* PMP certification strongly recommended
* Travel - up to 75% may be required
Apply now Apply now
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.