The growth of ML and AI is transforming our customer experiences, our engineering services, and even our engineering culture at Microsoft. The COSINE Data team in Azure provides an integrated set of data services and analytics solutions that drive improvement in all three areas. We take on large scale challenges such as:
* Delivering major OS updates to 800+ million edge devices swiftly but safely using ML models to find and deploy to devices most likely to have a positive experience
* Combining and interpreting the signals from thousands of metrics to paint a big picture view of release quality and inform ship/updating decisions
* Making hundreds of release decisions each week to flight OS builds and drivers to internal and external audiences
* Creating authoritative metrics to inform both executive dashboards and engineering shiprooms about release adoption
* Enabling A/B experiments to test product changes or progressively roll out new features while monitoring impact
By providing a quality measurement framework, authoritative data streams, and a collection of dynamic workflows fueled by telemetry and feedback, our team is helping make customer-data-driven engineering the focus of everyone in the org. We reflect the quality of the product through our customers' eyes. Engineering teams across Microsoft and hardware partners rely on our tools and experiences to make informed decisions about the code we release to customers.
We're looking for an experienced PM with a services mindset + energy and real passion for developing data-driven customer experiences. You will have the opportunity to work on solutions that include data visualization and engaging UX, data engineering, aggregation and analytics - all delivered continuously as a service. Are you passionate about customers, data, and big challenges? Are you self-motivated, self-aware, and committed to learning, working well with others, and helping them succeed? Then reach out and join our team!
* Degree in Computer Science, Data Science or related field or equivalent experience
* Prior experience as a Program Manager, driving all aspects of product delivery
* Experience with customer- and scenario-focused design and development
* Ability to work, communicate, and influence effectively across disciplines and teams
* Strong track record of individual excellence, and a demonstrated commitment to making others around them great
* Experience building polished user experiences that customers enjoy and use
* Experience designing, building, and shipping services. Ideally, experience with shipping data products
* Strong computational design skills with a passion for data visualization
* Experience with ML/AI, and/or familiarity with data science methodologies
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check
This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Identify the key customer value prop(s) and scenarios, fleshing out functional requirements and designs, and data platform requirements
* Plan and write specs for the features and capabilities of COSINE Data products and services to enable thousands of engineers to make customer-focused decisions
* Work closely with the dev team to maintain customer focus during implementation, participate in sprint planning and reviews, and report on progress
* Partner with other teams in Azure and E&D to jointly and efficiently work towards common goals, utilize shared tech, and change the way we assess our offerings
* Improve customer happiness through effective communication, regular engagement, and responsiveness to feedback
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.