The Azure Data product group is responsible for developing the ecosystem of data management and analytics services that are available globally available on Azure. These include relational capabilities such as SQL Database and Managed Instance, NoSQL technologies such as CosmosDB, and cloud scale analytics services such as SQL Data Warehouse, Azure Data Factory, HDInsight and Stream Analytics.
We are looking for a highly motivated program manager to join our team in Azure Data to lead the development of both internal and external technical content. This role will be responsible for developing all content ranging from technical presentations, product demonstrations, best practice documentation, whitepapers, self-paced learning content, labs, as well as partnering with the marketing organization to capture custom case studies. If you thrive on being part of a dynamic and strategic business, have a strong technical readiness background and a passion for helping customers and partners grow in their knowledge of business solutions, we would like to hear from you
* Extensive background with SQL language, including implementing database solutions with aspects such a schema design, stored procedures for data manipulation such as INSERT, UPDATE, and DELETE, and report development using complex SQL SELECT statements
* 3+ years' experience working of data platforms such as SQL Server, with preference for cloud analytics experience also
* Extensive technical background in relational database technology and experience in other data technologies such as streaming, machine learning, batch processing, cubes, and data visualization
* Experience developing technical content including coding and documentation, such a technical documentation, presentations and preferably instructional hands-on labs
* Extensive experience in writing SQL, other languages are advantageous
* Strong interpersonal skills and ability to present to a small or large audience with confidence to land clear and articulate messaging for a given subject area
* Strong attention to detail to ensure consistent messaging and positing across different channels and content types
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
The successfully candidate will be responsible for the following:
* Develop technical readiness content and delivery plans, including processes to measure consumption and freshness of content
* Develop a variety of content including, but not necessarily limited to technical PowerPoint presentations, product demonstrations, best practice documentation and solution architectures, whitepapers, self-paced learning content and certification content
* Grow awareness of content refreshes and track utilization of content against KPI's
* Actively engage with field and partner resources to capture feedback on gaps and opportunities to further improve content
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.