Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting teams in Microsoft, relentlessly focused on customer needs and advancing Microsoft's cloud first strategy? Interested in a start-up like environment, passionate about cloud computing technology and driving growth in one of Microsoft's core businesses? Then look no further than the Azure Customer Experience Team! We have developed Azure to be the state-of-the-art operating system and development platform for Microsoft's Cloud Datacenters. Azure provides developers with on-demand compute and storage to create, host, scale, and manage scalable web application on the Internet through Microsoft's global data centers, and via on-premises "private cloud" deployments of the Azure Platform.
The Microsoft Azure Customer Experience team is looking for an energetic, customer-obsessed, data driven Program Manager that is guided by vision, can drive change and innovation into how we deliver support to our Azure customers. This highly collaborative role will drive the definition of our born in the cloud customer obsessed support strategy.
In this role, the successful candidate will partner closely with key engineering leaders to drive programs & business reviews focused on transforming how we deliver support to our customers. These programs will be on the leading edge of innovation and will include driving pilots and other experiments that shape on ongoing strategy. You balance strong analytical and technical skills with the ability to influence decision makers within the Azure engineering team. You will also partner very closely with related teams including our support delivery organization, finance, and marketing.
* 2+ years of product development and program management experience and proven track record of delivering high quality work on time
* Experience working in or with cloud engineering group preferred. Experience with driving execution of the support deliver for a major cloud provider such as AWS, Google, or Salesforce ideal
* BA/BS in computer science degree preferred
* Strong project management and people management skills
* Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Lead support business reviews with executive leadership, & managing backlog to streamline & improve
* Provide the end-to-end delivery of products, processes, or technologies (through projects and programs), by using established project, program, and process management methodologies.
* Quickly innovate and validate ideas through Data driven approach delivering pilot programs and other experiments
* Define and implement effective key performance indicators (KPIs) to measure impact to business. Gather and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to identify meaningful actions.
* Present findings and recommendations to key engineering decision makers and leadership team members
The ideal candidate is someone who has:
* Demonstrated track record of exceeding established goals. High personal standard to deliver a polished and quality work product with a can-do attitude. Takes responsibility and holds others accountable for actions, decisions, and goals
* Anticipates customer/partner needs, and proactively meets and exceeds customer/partner expectations. Recognizes the issues that customers/partners want to resolve, and creates, or facilitates the creation of, products and services to address customer/partner needs.
* An inquisitive mindset, comfortable playing around with data, and can rapidly learn and understand complex business processes and is able to effectively solve issues and drive process improvements.
* Excellent business judgment and the ability to simplify and communicate complicated concepts. Communicate and network effectively. Successfully persuade and influence others.
* Must have strong attention to detail and be able to work as a team player.
* Able to work in a self-directed fashion with a broad spectrum of collaboration from different teams
* Ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment is required.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.