The Seller, Vendor, and Brand Support team strives to make Amazon the best place for Sellers, Vendors and Brands to reach customers, driven by the experience and support we provide them in growing their businesses locally and globally. Within this group the Seller Experience - Content Management team plays a key role in supporting these customers by driving the development of high-quality, user-centered content for Sellers that partner with Amazon and for the associates who help Sellers when they contact Seller, Vendor, and Brand Support. We set the tone for the global business by creating great content across eight primary languages.
This team is currently looking for an experienced Localization Program Manager. This position is an exceptional opportunity for a creative, collaborative and highly motivated individual to manage a complex set of localization programs, processes and tools for a leading multinational organization.
The Localization Program Manager will be responsible for delivering and managing the end-to-end localization and translation required for new product and program launches, while also ensuring continuous improvement of our workflow for optimal end user success. To do this, s/he must be able to manage across numerous business models and create certainty out of ambiguity while having a firm grasp on the operational, financial, and technical aspects of the content development and localization required for each new and existing application. A successful candidate will be highly analytical, technical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines at scale. S/he will have a proven track record in using data to guide decisions, being able to prioritize, and acting upon the information received.
* Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives from scope to evaluation in closed-loop process, prioritize in an ever evolving environment.
* Research and incorporate Machine Translation (MT) best practices and innovation into our localization and translation strategy.
* Work closely with business owners and developers for ongoing maintenance and management of growing numbers of translation software to ensure relevance and effectiveness.
* Drive localization and translation strategies and partner with other team members to ensure a consistent global experience
* Collaborate with stakeholders in a dynamic development environment to drive efficiency improvements to localization processes, and resolve bugs as they arise to ensure on time delivery and high localization quality.
* Support translation memories and terminology database that grows in volume, and convert all into training data to continuous machine translation engines improvement.
* Think big, invent and simplify to enhance and expand use of existing tools; evaluates new tools and technologies for future development.
* Actively seek, clarify, and understand information from end users and stakeholders that leads to an understanding and ownership of deliverable.
* Leverage analytical skills and a demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and evaluate outcomes.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.