Position is on the staff of a private, not-for-profit consulting firm headquartered in Tysons, VA and provides management, direction, administration, quality assurance and quality control, and leadership for the execution of LMI's support to the United States Air Force Deputy Chief of Staff, Logistics, Engineering, and Force Protection, Directorate of Civil Engineers Work will be primarily within the National Capital Region.
The Program Manager will provide leadership in the development of high quality technical products for the client; \ provide pro-active communications regularly with management and customer regarding program status. Additionally perform business development for pursuit, and capture for new opportunities with existing and new clients.
Key program management responsibilities may include:
* Serve as the primary point of contact (POC) to the client for all technical aspects of the required work.
* Provide program management support for and supervision of all LMI and subcontractor personnel for this client. This includes the management and oversight of all activities performed by to satisfy the requirements identified in this PWS.
* Facilitate Government and LMI communications; use industry best standards/practices and proven methodologies to track and document requirements and activities to allow for continuous monitoring and evaluation by the client; and ensure all support and requirements performed are accomplished in accordance with the client's requirements.
* Provide the point of contact and notification to the client, and to LMI leadership, of any technical, financial, personnel, or general managerial problems encountered throughout the Period of Performance (PoP).
* Manage the day to day operations of the program and interfaces with client management regarding program/project issues. Respond to internal and external substantive questions and inquiries on assigned tasks, projects and business analysis.
* Develop and supervise all aspects of the projects tasks, contract deliverables, and on-site activities, including operational planning and execution, logistics, information systems, administrative, and staffing requirements where applicable.
* Prepares and delivers project status reports and communications to client management. Resolves project staffing and planning issues, manages company staff assigned to the project, and ensures continuity of support during Contractor personnel changes.
* Manage and write proposals for work for existing and new clients and opportunities. Coordinate development of LMI proposals in response to the issued Task Orders, RFI's, or RFP's across LMI functional program directorates, administrative directorates (e.g., contracting), and with teaming partners as appropriate. Responsible for establishing and meeting proposal development deadlines as well as the quality of the proposals.
* Active DOD SECRET clearance
* Bachelor's Degree and 15 years of experience in large Government program management with broad knowledge of AF and DOD corporate processes and managing professional support services and Federal Government Projects. Experience in planning, directing, coordinating, and managing.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to compose, write, edit and proofread a variety of internal and external general business correspondence, proposals, business contracts, project performance briefings, reports presentations, project proposals, position papers, articles and memoranda.
* Excellent interpersonal and listening skills required including the ability to develop and maintain professional relationships in LMI's multidisciplinary environment, and to professionally represent LMI to technical and non-technical audiences.
* Ability to interact effectively with United States military and government personnel, as well as personnel representing other government and international organizations. Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain strong client relationships.
* Strong planning skills and ability to initiate develop and effectively manage concurrent multiple tasks, projects and strategies with little or no supervision. Must be self-directed and detail oriented in completing assigned tasks and projects within assigned deadlines.
* Proven experience in leading, managing, developing, and mentoring staff.