Program Manager - IT
As Program Manager - IT your specific responsibilities will include:
* Communicate status of program within and across departments.
* Optimize results through highly effective communications.
* Leverage the program governance model to influence decision-making and minimize risk to the program.
* Effectively and appropriately communicate with C-level executives and all other levels within the organization.
* Use status reports and other communications to elicit feedback and incremental modifications and optimizations to the overall list of activities for the team.
* Identify and implement key leverage points within the program to effect and influence positive change.
* Anticipate project changes and proactively adapt processes to mitigate risk.
* Mentor project members assigned to the program.
* Independently work on highly complex or enterprise wide IT projects or programs consisting of multiple projects.
* Oversee development of approach and planning for projects within program.
* Define communications strategy and plan, and optimize results through highly effective communications.
* Coordinate the integrated project/program estimates.
* Estimate the efforts of tasks and initiatives to determine total timeline and detailed budget for projects/program.
* Determine program parameters, design approach/strategy, and establish program plan; oversee development of approach and planning for projects within program. Develop the program strategy, supporting business case and various high-level project plans.
* Ensure integration of projects and adjusts project scope, timing, and budgets as needed, based on the needs of the business.
* Track key project milestones and recommending adjustments to Project Managers.
* Plan cross-project priorities within the program.
* Program point of contact for communications, milestones and review briefings.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required, preferably in IT Project Management
* PMP (or comparable PM certification), PgMP desired (or comparable Program Mgr certification), Six Sigma certification desired.
* 10+ years' IT experience.
* 7+ years' project management, 2+ years' program management experience.
* 3+ years' experience in overall Leadership role (setting direction, decision-making).
* Supervision: demonstrated experience in supervising functional and technical staff.
* Mentoring: extensive experience in mentoring and guiding functional and technical staff.
* Budget management: extensive experience in maintaining and using project budget and actuals tracking to ensure costs are maintained within the specified tolerance level, and can train others.
* Impact analysis: extensive experience in independently assessing impact for each project aspect and determine if project can expand or not to address new idea, and can train others.
* Project planning: extensive experience in independently translating functional requirements into project plans, and can train others.
* Project implementation: extensive experience in effectively implementing all project phases, and can train others.
* Project management fundamentals: advanced knowledge of schedule, risk management, issues management, leadership, and can train others.
* Demonstrated effective (intermediate level) use and experience with MS Project, Visio, Excel.
* Leadership skills: extensive demonstrated experience in overall lead role (senior project level, management/direction setting experience).
* Problem analysis and solving skills: consistently applied within project management environment.
* Matrix management skills: extensive demonstrated experience.
* Extensive demonstrated experience incorporating software development life cycle into project plan.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half's corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to email@example.com for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
* The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
* The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to: Corporate Staffing Robert Half 2613 Camino Ramon San Ramon, CA 94583-9128
CA SAN RAMON CORP
About Robert Half
Robert Half provides skilled professionals in the fields of accounting and finance, technology, legal, creative, marketing, and administration.