At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. If you'd like to help us build the place to find and buy anything online, this is your chance to make history.
The Infrastructure Operations organization is looking for an extraordinary individual with a progressive career history. The Sr. Manager, PMO, Media Life-cycle is responsible for the creation of standard work processes that drive improved safety, availability and efficiency on a global scale. You will work with data center operations teams and service teams to Identify High Blast Radius Processes that need standardization, partner with functional teams to develop, deploy, measure, automate and streamline key processes. If you love technology and enjoy coaching people at all levels then this is the job for you!
In this role you will be challenged by the environment, your peers, and your customers. It will take a seasoned professional with experience interfacing with senior leadership to excel in this position. To be a qualified candidate for this role you must also demonstrate the ability to think broadly and strategically and function in a space with high levels of ambiguity where success is not abundantly clear at all times (think tech start-up). The ideal candidate will need a wide-ranging background, success in this role will require a candidate to have a contextual understanding of IT infrastructure, interpersonal dynamics and the ability to motivate top talent to a cause bigger than themselves.
The Sr. Manager, PMO, Media Life-cycle will be responsible for driving large-scale global projects and initiatives, lead cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of a new features, service, product, or system. You and your team will gather business requirements, document functional and design specifications, identify appropriate resources needed, assemble the right project team, assign individual responsibilities, and develop the milestones and launch schedule to ensure timely and successful delivery of the project. You will contribute cross-functional business and technical skills, assess and manage risks, measure and report on progress, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make trade-offs, and balance the business needs with the technical constraints. You rely heavily on influence over authority to drive project deliverables.
This role will be based in Herndon, VA. Expect to travel globally where and when needed to manage and/or support initiatives of the teams you will support, ~ 20% travel.
* Ensuring proper Key Performance Indicators are set and measured to determine the impact of process changes
* Taking a bird's eye view "Big Picture", overseeing and ensuring integration between the specific Process and other processes (e.g. safety, security, availability, capacity and scaling)
* Establish regular communication cadence for senior management on process progress and performance issues
* Anticipates, identifies and drives resolution of technical challenges and inter-dependencies to prevent downstream problems.
* Audit organizational efficiency as the advocate for customer objectives
* Guidance and collaboration with process engineering and improvement initiatives.
* Be able to identify security gaps within operational processes and redesign data center workflows to close the gaps. Process redesign may be physical (process engineering or logical via software).
* Recognize and be able to execute on the series of steps to create operational and software solutions: Identify the gap, build new processes with stakeholders, create an SOP from the processes, obtain approvals for the SOP, translate the SOP into a Business Requirements Document (BRD), walk development teams through the flows and articulate end objective, track milestones, sprint activities against a stated LOE (level of effort), organize UAT with the end user as the key customer, publish the UAT results for end users to see and provide feedback, solidify the design via metric capture and end user feedback, build global deployment plans that include communications plans, training documentation, Risk mitigation approach documented and feedback mechanism confirmed with end users, operations and development teams.
* Be able to develop, communicate and orchestrate to completion a well-defined strategy across multiple teams while also being able to pivot quickly to urgent pressing demands on you or your team.
* Maintain professional composure even when leadership, peers or those you lead apply pressure to alter course simply because of their perspective. Know the value of getting qualitative (end user experience/feedback) and quantitative data.
* Have executive level briefing experience to enable quick decision making with limited data.
* Know the basics of securing hardware via operational process design and logical software alarming or tool sets.
* Be able to construct a strategy from scratch to resolve a problem that may need three or more different approaches that each are pursued in parallel.
* Operate autonomously with a team of direct and indirect reports to solve problems/challenges that other teams deflect.
* Have a sense for the degree and types of communications leadership, middle management, developers and technicians each require to be and effective communicator.
* Demonstrate the ability to earn trust with those that have different perspectives, backgrounds and skill sets.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.