Who We Are:
Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most. We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit http://www.ball.com/aerospace, Facebook or Twitter.
Program Manager I - Advanced Technologies & Missions
Manage technology development programs, architecture studies, and hardware demonstrations. This position reports to the Advanced Technologies & Missions business area which develops future discriminators for Ball's National Defense Strategic Business Unit.
What you'll do:
* Responsible for overall program leadership, direction and guidance that ensures successful program execution in accordance with the budget, schedule, contract, Statement of Work (SOW) and technical specifications.
* Develop and monitor fidelity of the program baseline including definition of tasks, program budgets, and program schedules.
* Define, secure, organize, and direct staff, resources, standards, processes, procedures, and tools essential for the successful completion of a program.
* Provide sound leadership and team-building to motivate, influence, and effectively apply the program staff.
* Develop and practice good internal/external communication systems.
* Act as the main interface with the Customer and main Ball representative on all program related subjects.
* Ensure that program requirements, purposes, objectives, and expectations are communicated and flowed-down to the internal team and subcontractors.
* Resolve conflicts, demands, and priorities on assigned programs.
* Recognize, develop, and work to win potential follow-on work, increased scope, and additional programs within the appropriate program Customer contacts.
* Work unplanned program issues to a best solution, including development of plans-forward, escalation and increased resources, as required.
* Communicate program status to upper management.
* Manage and support proposals.
* Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
* Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Unit/Strategic Support Unit and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
* Perform other duties as necessary.
What you'll need:
* BS/BA degree in a related field plus 10 or more years of program-related experience including design, production, test, and management.
* Each higher-level degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
* Current TS/SCI security clearance
* Self-starter with the ability to understand the big picture as well as technical, budget and schedule issues at the detail level.
* Experience in program and procurement management responsibilities for space systems. Experience with subcontract management and supplier oversight is a plus. A track record of successfully managing the design, fabrication, and test of new technologies and developmental hardware is a plus.
* Understanding of program management practices including: planning and budgeting, schedule development, change control, risk and opportunity management, earned value, and communications.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and collaboration skills.
* Excellent presentation development and delivery skills.
* Background in aerospace programs with emphasis on customer interaction, team building, and program control.
* Experience on one or more aspects of design, development, production, and test of spacecraft, and space missions for defense and IC Customers.
* Work is performed in an office environment.
* Work may be performed in a laboratory or customer location (non-Ball locations).
* Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Successful candidate will have completed a government national security clearance investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. *U.S. Citizenship is Required. By applying to this position you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire, if one is required, to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is Available
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.