Blizzard Entertainment games don't just begin with game ideas or end once those games are released. The success of Blizzard is defined both by our games and those who support them every day at all levels.
As part of the Global Insights team, we act as business partners to our game development, IT, commercial, and business operations teams. Through in-depth analytics, the Global Insights team has an intrinsic drive in being strategic partners with a combination of data analytics expertise, business-minded acumen, and geeking out on Blizzard products and culture!
We are looking for a Program Manager: an eager individual who possesses a wide knowledge of product, project and program management styles and processes. They should understand analytical and infrastructure technologies, have superb communication and relationship building skills, and be able to adapt to shifting priorities. Our unique blend of challenges, opportunities, environments, and people all help make Blizzard the studio worthy of your career.
* Display a proficiency of the tools and processes available to successfully run projects
* Identify the order of importance and urgency among individual projects, portfolios, and operational tasks to plan milestones, schedules and resources
* Ensure that projects, goals, objectives, milestones and deliverables are achieved on schedule and within budget
* Facilitate and create appropriate project documentation, communicate status updates, drive decisions, and identify & eliminate risks and blockers
* Communicate effectively and clearly with stakeholders of all levels by tailoring your message to the audience
* Build and maintain effective relationships with resources, partners, colleagues, and leaders with fierce accountability for delivering on commitments and partner needs
* Model self-awareness in personal interactions and read both verbal and non-verbal signs to influence without direct authority
* Own schedules and process by partnering with engineering teams to create schedules and own all commitments and operational plans. Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus technical constraints
* Champion transparency by communicating project status and roadmap to varied audiences including project teams upstream and downstream, group and department leadership, and game development team stakeholders
* Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Business Management, or other equivalent experience
* A minimum of 3 years' experience in Software Engineering Program or Project Management
* Experience implementing, championing, and working with Agile development methodologies and tools
* Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communications skills
* Passion for gaming industry and community
* Previous programming or technical experience
* In-depth knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment's games, products, and services
* Experience with MS Visio and MS Project
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.