At Uber, we ignite opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to help drivers, riders, delivery partners, and eaters get moving in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let's move the world forward, together.
About the Role
As the Freight Support Program Manager for the US & Canada, you will serve as a process-design and industry expert who will manage and optimize our Freight customer support areas (such as building a high-quality and reliable support channel for shippers and carriers alike). You will advance initiatives throughout the organization by steering interdepartmental and cross functional teams to integrate process and technology improvements, as well as work closely with external stakeholders to stay up to date with the newest trends and launches. You'll need excellent stakeholder management, organizational, and problem-solving skills, as well as the ability to clearly communicate and present information to seek buy-in.
The role is centered on continual improvement and high quality. It requires somebody highly versatile and well rounded, who can create and drive strategy but also roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty.
This role is available in non-hub markets, with preference for Boston, Chicago, and San Francisco.
What You'll Do / What You'll Need / Bonus Points / About the Team
What You'll Do
* Improve operational performance by using a data-driven approach for issue identification, root cause analysis, and improvement rollouts.
* Create actionable, specific KPIs and support metrics for the Freight support program.
* Inform the creation of performance dashboards to track success and own regular updates on performance vs goals to key stakeholders.
* Provide project updates and gain stakeholder alignment on initiatives to ensure they are connected to the larger Community Operations goals; ensure projects are properly defined and scoped with Charters that include well-written problem statements and quantifiable goals and baseline data.
* Be the subject matter expert for best support practices obtained internally and externally.
* Be on the forefront of trends impacting the Freight support program.
* Be the source of knowledge to train, educate, and answer questions from project managers, customer service representatives (CSRs) or other stakeholders in the organization.
* Develop, maintain, and QA content for Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) to ensure that the voice, tone, and brand of support is consistent and effective
What You'll Need
* Minimum of 4 years of professional experience
* People management experience a plus
* Experience building efficient processes that scale across a large organization
* Experience managing cross-functional projects and stakeholders, powered by data-driven insight
* Self-motivated with a strong affinity for vision setting, strategic problem solving and driving action
* Persuasive written and verbal communication skills across diverse functions and teams
* Demonstrated success in uncovering data to inform customer-oriented decisions
* Experience facilitating behavior change within organizations
* Experience with process optimization, program management, customer support strategy or quality assurance
* A passion for positive disruption and the constant improvement of the Freight industry
About the Team
As Uber continues to expand its services and technologies around the world, the Community Operations (CommOps) team is looking for a highly motivated hands-on leader who thrives in a fast-paced cross-functional environment and is excited to improve how our Freight customer support.
Uber provides a mobile application connecting passengers with drivers for hire.