Medical Science & Computing (MSC) is an exciting growth oriented company, dedicated to providing mission critical scientific and technical services to the Federal Government. We have a distinguished history of supporting the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other government agencies. MSC offers a dynamic and upbeat work environment, excellent benefits and career growth opportunities.
We attract the best people in the business with our competitive benefits package that includes medical, dental and vision coverage, 401k plan with employer contribution, paid holidays, vacation, Medical and Flexible Spending Accounts, Pre-Tax Transit Assistance and tuition reimbursement. If you enjoy being a part of a high performing, professional service and technology focused organization, please apply today!
Duties & Responsibilities
MSC is currently searching for a Program Manager to support the National Institutes of Health (NIH). This opportunity is full-time and on-site in Rockville, MD.
Serves as the Program Manager (PM) for a large, complex biomedical informatics contract. The PM shall work with government Program Managers, senior business and IT managers, program stakeholders (including other NIH staff and researchers in the intramural and extramural communities), and other contractors. The PM is responsible for the overall management of the contract and shall apply expert level knowledge and best project management practices to ensure effective management of activities and achievement of project cost, schedule, and quality goals.
Skills & Responsibilities:
* Manage personnel, operations and finance of life cycle projects.
* Communication with all levels of management, personnel, subcontractors and client agency representatives.
* Responsible for the implementation of policies, purpose and goals of the client organization.
* Actively apply quality assurance measures to the management and performance of the contract.
* Establish and maintain program management support services, tailoring the project management approach to team and project needs.
* Analyze project management needs and tailor industry best practices to suit the environment; apply a wide range of traditional and agile principles to provide responsive and effective project management solutions.
* Apply knowledge of federal government planning, programming, and budgeting as well as resource planning and execution processes, to support customer program planning, decision briefings, and progress assessment across multiple projects.
* Develop templates, procedures, and guidelines for managing project information and deliverables.
* Work with stakeholders to define clear project objectives and requirements, agree on priorities, communicate progress updates and demonstrations, and provide responsive change management in frequent planning/re-planning meetings.
* Document requirements in business cases, project charters, and project plans; update these documents to record progress and changes.
* Work with cross-functional teams with diverse technical skill sets to support successful project completion; re-plan and adjust project course based on realities of team velocity and dynamic business/user needs.
* Track progress and report on status and metrics at task/work package and project level.
* Create project management dashboard for providing timely progress information to project teams and customer management.
* Raise issues and exceptions; follow-through to resolution.
* Devise clear risk mitigation strategies and engage appropriate stakeholders.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this position. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
* B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or other related medical, scientific, or technical discipline.
* Ten years of progressively responsible experience successfully managing complex projects.
* Experience working with the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
* Experience supporting biomedical and/or research information technology and informatics contracts.
* Client interface experience; proven experience managing client expectations & relationships.
* Prior experience managing and/or participating in large, integrated teams including client, subcontractors, and other third-party vendors.
* Proven knowledge of program management, performance management, finance and governmental procurement.
* Experience in the financial success of complex projects.
* Experience working in agile environments is a plus.
* Knowledge and experience with NIH processes, procedures, technologies, and applications are a plus.
* Ability to read, write and communicate in English.
* Project Management Institute (PMI) certified Project Management Professional (PMP) required.
* ITIL v3 preferred.
Medical Science & Computing is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.