Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 2000 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. AWS customers are looking for ways to change their business models and solve complex business challenges. Amazon EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) has completely changed the way companies of all sizes obtain, use, and pay for compute resources. Customers around the world rely on EC2 to provide elastic, high performance, secure and cost effective resources to scale their infrastructure to keep up with their changing business needs.
The AWS EC2 Business Development & Go-to-Market Team is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, data-driven, entrepreneurial Program Manager (PM) to focus on Outposts. This individual will provide the team with necessary operational, budgeting, and program management support. The ideal candidate will be versatile, an exemplary team player, and willing / able to create order out of ambiguity. The ideal candidate will bring relevant experience, superior judgement, great follow-through, and strong problem-solving and communications skills.
The EC2 BD PM will be responsible for organizing and orchestrating activities across the team to keep us moving toward our goals and meeting interim benchmarks. Areas of focus may include working across internal teams to create and drive both internal and external regional events that support our overall business; working across various AWS teams to create and drive enablement and training programs that increase awareness of various key EC2 technologies and programs; and creating process and overseeing complex project and pipeline management. The PM will need to work extensively across the team, especially the Service, Marketing, Solutions Architecture, and Business Development teams to capture key activities and ensure their efforts are properly synchronized. Additionally, the PM will often need to interface with other AWS departments such as Legal, Finance, and Operations.
The right candidate will bring a proven track-record managing large-scale commercial programs and the ability to earn trust and work effectively with cross-functional and cross-regional teams, demonstrate proven track record of discovering and applying insights toward creating new mechanisms that help build and scale the program, and will always "roll up the sleeves" to get things done. Passion for working with cross-functional teams to help customers drive transformative business outcome through the cloud is a must. Being able to translate your skillsets into a customer-obsessed, data-driven Amazon culture, and operating effectively in a fast-moving cross-functional environment to drive clear outcome and results is key to your success in this role.
Responsibilities will include:
* Identifying new opportunities and influencing - assess and prioritize opportunities based on strategic goals, business needs, candidate experience, or efficiency lift.
* Managing multiple program areas - track delivery against program objectives and implement proposals to improve program services and efficiencies.
* Help define the program strategies, develop program roadmap, organize work steams and milestones; gain buy-in and interlock across functional and regional leaders
* Executing organization-wide initiatives - influence and align stakeholders, define project plans, assemble resources, manage implementation activities, and develop all processes associated with program roll-out and ongoing support.
* Dive deep into available data to understand successes and weaknesses and share with team members to improve results
* Collaborate with stakeholders in multiple business and technical teams to define and deliver on agreed upon milestones. Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs
* Build and maintain reporting for areas of responsibility
* Other duties as assigned may include special project management, maintaining the team calendar, and wiki.
* Good organizational skills including prioritizing, scheduling, time management, and meeting deadlines.
* Ability to travel in support of team efforts
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.