Are you passionate about working across multiple teams to build solutions that are more than the sum of their parts? Do you thrive on turning ambiguity into clarity? Do you enjoy diving into your customer's business requirements, and finding the best architectural solution to meet their needs?
Amazon's Corporate IT Integration team is looking for an energetic Technical Program Manager to lead the design and delivery of complex technical system and network infrastructure, to support IT integration of our subsidiary companies. This role will give you an opportunity to work with many different teams across the organization and leverage a range of technologies and systems to deliver solutions. You will:
* Gather business requirements from Amazon subsidiaries and translate them into Corporate IT standard solutions.
* Drive expectations with Amazon stakeholders and subsidiaries' senior leadership about the integration strategy, standards and progress.
* In conjunction with various internal and external stakeholders, design complex and cross-functional technical architecture solutions to a wide variety of IT infrastructure gaps and problems.
* Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications and draft project schedules and milestones, then work with engineers and project managers to ensure those solutions' successful and timely delivery.
* Work with stakeholders to identify technical and resource options to successfully deliver the designed architecture, assemble project teams, and assign responsibilities.
* Assess costs and benefits, identify and mitigate risks; manage escalations; anticipate and make tradeoffs; and balance business needs with technical constraints.
* Clearly communicate technical goals, responsibilities, issues and status to team members and stakeholders. Capture and share best-practice knowledge across the Subsidiary Infrastructure team and the subsidiary community.
* Understand and promote the use of applicable internal Amazon systems, platforms and technologies.
* Drive effective collaboration and architectural consensus across multiple disparate local and remote groups with competing priorities.
Successful candidates will possess a well-rounded technical background in software and IT systems management, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities, as well as having experience in developing IT infrastructure architecture and related project management in a matrixed organization. Maturity, good judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical talent and leadership are essential to success in this role.
You must be able to thrive in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or multiple competing priorities. In addition to driving high-level strategic initiatives, you must also be able to roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.