Program Manager Req I D
The primary purpose of this role is to manage the activities of the Clinical Sequencing Division projects. The Program Manager will be accountable for execution on project timelines and overall program goals from initial concept through successful commercialization, and project closure. The Program Manager will also be responsible for identifying and resolving or escalating resource conflicts and gaps.
The position of Program Manager provides an exciting opportunity for an experienced, highly-motivated individual with strong program management experience and excellent communication skills. The successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate successful facilitation, organizational, and influencing skills. This candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing a range of complex, high-impact projects simultaneously
* Collaborates with team members to develop detailed project plans (scope, milestones, roles & responsibilities, timing, budget, communication and interface with any external alliance or collaborator partner organizations, etc).
* Coordinates and contributes input to definition of scientific strategy to meet the project and business objectives of the project plan.
* Leads project core teams.
* Manages projects within established scope, schedule, resources and budget.
* Complies with company quality management systems, policies and procedures
* Coordinates and facilitates project meetings with a structure and agenda that is specifically engineered to ensure successful execution. Generates and disseminates meeting minutes which accurately capture key decisions, open issues and action items. Follows up on status of task and action item execution both within and outside of meetings and updates project documentation (project timeline, meeting minutes) accordingly.
* Proactively identifies any issues, concerns or challenges in regards to assigned project; develop action plans to address open issues, including escalation to key external stakeholders as necessary. Facilitates tradeoff decisions and removes obstacles.
* Conducts proactive risk management: communication of needs, mitigation plans, and requirements relevant to internal/external partners and stakeholders.
* Demonstrates an ability to adapt to changing business needs and priorities, to be flexible with respect to job assignments and both functional and cross-functional responsibilities; specifically, shows active and timely participation in revising and refining assigned projects and responsibilities based on project or business changes.
* Regularly reviews project team progress and uses processes, tools and other related resources to ensure effective team dynamics and decision-making, as well as effective interactions with all internal and external collaborators.
* Builds high morale and team commitments to goals and objectives by creating a compelling sense of common purpose and direction.
* Acts with a sense of urgency.
* Additional duties/responsibilities according to business needs
* Has exceptional written and verbal communication skills; able to effectively articulate complex concepts and ideas to broad audiences.
* Is confident when interacting with various levels of management, stays focused and on-point, and is able to raise problems or challenges in a productive manner.
* Strong presentation skills; highly effective at summarizing and presenting decision points and key considerations.
* Strong influencing skills; proven ability to get things done without formal authority.
* Proficient with project management principles (e.g., resource allocation, cost estimation, risks analysis).
* Proficient with project management tools and applications.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office applications (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project).
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Proven track record of effective decision-making; makes good business decisions and exercises sound judgment.
* Strong negotiation skills; can effectively drive discussions and decisions toward desired results
* Strong interpersonal skills; proven ability to develop important relationships with all key internal and external partners as well as collaborators.
* Outstanding orientation to teamwork: works collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with others
Required Competencies for the Role:
* Persistence to overcome project obstacles and drive to completion
* Ability to highlight issues to senior leaders, drive consensus and forge solutions
* Assertiveness to tactfully address concerns or conflicts openly within core and extended teams
* Deal with Uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward
* Drive to resolution
* Required: BS in Molecular Biology, Genetics or Engineering