ASRC Federal Space & Defense (AS&D), a subsidiary of ASRC Federal Holding Company, is seeking to identify a Program Manager in anticipation of the successful award of the Launch Systems Engineering Systems Engineering & Integration (LE SE&I) II contract.
Locations of operation will be at Los Angeles AFB, CA.
Responsible for all aspects of program management, including profit and loss, for major DoD Launch Systems Engineering and Integration (SE&I) program. Ability to supervise staff of up to 200 people, with fluctuating program and staffing requirements over the course of the contract. Program areas include engineering (including software engineering), systems analysis, mission assurance, new entrant certification and oversight, quality control and administration. Also responsible for acquiring follow-on business associated with assigned programs and for supporting new business development by leading task order proposals within the program or supporting related proposals external to the program.
* Responsible for cost, schedule, and technical performance of all launch systems SE&I projects within the program.
* Provides leadership, direction and development for all program employees
* Act as the company primary management focal point with the customer and company leadership, contracting, purchasing, finance and human resources.
* Develops program schedules, budgets, and personnel requirements. Coordinates with company and customer management.
* Strong collaboration with all other company departments.
* Travel, as needed.
* Demonstrates honesty, responsibility, integrity and fulfillment of commitments. Supports goals and values of company
* All application information will be held in the strictest confidence*
ASRC Federal and its Subsidiaries are Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, gender, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, national origin, religion, marital status, ancestry, citizenship, disability, protected veteran status, or any other factor prohibited by applicable law.
Knowledge, experience, skill, and/or ability required:
* Experience with complex aerospace system project management.
* Experience with launch system mission definition, development, and execution to ensure compliance with customer requirements.
* Experience with launch systems operations
* Experience with project budget and schedule management
* Strong facilitation skills and ability to work with others in a collaborative environment
* Ability to work on their own initiative and prioritize tasking to support company business goal achievement
* Ability to quickly adapt to changing priorities
* Ability to manage development of launch systems offerings
* Excellent written and verbal communication abilities (a written sample may be requested)
* Ability to communicate effectively to company leadership and customers to gain support or resolve concerns
* Top Secret security clearance
* Launch vehicle development or operations experience
* Experience with government agencies
* Experience with EELV programs
* Security clearance
* Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from accredited institution and 12-15 years relevant experience, OR equivalent combination of education and experience
* 7 years of project management/leadership of complex aerospace mission integration
Special remarks regarding work environment
* Travel estimated to be approximately 25%
* Position is based in Los Angeles, CA