The Product Manager - Auto Substitution is responsible for the definition, creation, implementation and management of an Auto Substitution program that support the McKesson Specialty Health Generics department.
The Product Manager acts as the product champion, and is able to:
* Independently translate business strategies into product offerings, roadmaps, and ultimately comprehensive product offerings
* Deliver against core customer benefits and company strategic financial goals
You will be responsible for executing on current Auto Substitution products, developing new product offerings, and integrating the Auto Substitution program with other Generics programs. Specifically, you will be working with key stakeholders, account executives and internal business partners (e.g., Sales, Sourcing, Marketing, SAP Development, Lynx Mobile Development, and Financial Planning & Analysis, Pricing, and Customer Service) to create, implement, manage, and track all substitution related projects which will insure a high inventory fill rate while sourcing materials at their lowest possible cost.
The ideal candidate is a strategic thinker, analytical, detail and results oriented with excellent problem-solving skills and a strong work ethic. S/he is a highly motivated self-starter and possesses the confidence and knowledge to successfully own the product. S/he is an excellent communicator and builds strong cross functional relationships. Strong project management skills are a must while experience in product development, program execution, and clinical is preferred.
Product Offering Development (~15%)
* Develop and champion a product vision and roadmap in support of corporate goals and objectives.
* Own and drive the product discovery/definition process.
* Document, prioritize and communicate detailed product specifications (e.g., business requirements & rules, functional requirements, use cases, prototypes as applicable).
* Design detailed processes to clarify workflows, dependencies (functional, system), roles and responsibilities.
* Manage key dependencies and secure necessary engagement / resource alignment for the development of product features.
Product Offering Implementation, Deployment and Operational Support (~85%)
* Develop and manage project work plan to deliver on-time, and within budget.
* Engage frequently with IT and other department teams to coordinate and manage the successful delivery of substitution products to customers; be available to quickly answer questions that arise during implementation.
* Develop and execute user acceptance test plans and scenarios.
* Manage the development and maintenance of training materials and train users on new program features and benefits
* Work with program stakeholders such as Sales, Customer Care, and IT to prioritize and trouble shoot issues.
* Validate that the product works as designed and that operational processes dependent on the feature(s) successfully complete acceptance testing.
* Gather customer feedback to continually enhance program.
* Identify process improvements to increase customer satisfaction and efficiencies
* Analyze and report on supply / inventory trends and make substitution decisions.
* Define, track and report key success/operational metrics (daily, weekly).
* Typically requires 4+ years of relevant experience
* Bachelor's degree required; preferably in Business or Mathematics
* Pharm.D degree highly desired
* 3+ years product and project management experience
* Demonstrated success defining and implementing products / programs on-time, and within budget
* Proven ability to facilitate and drive all aspects of product development: idea generation, requirements gathering/definition, business case development, design, construction, testing, pilot, operationalize, training/communication, success measurement and reporting
* Management consulting or equivalent experience
* Proven ability to work in a fast paced, and dynamic team environment
* Exceptional analytical skills
* Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
* Clinical experience / knowledge desired
* Strong project management skills - experience in managing large scale projects and/or process improvement initiatives
* Proficient use of MS Office product suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
* Knowledge of pharmaceutical and healthcare industry is desirable
* Knowledge of SAP is desirable
This description is general in nature and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities. Other duties may be assigned as needed to meet company goals.
Benefits & Company Statement
We believe you should be rewarded for the important work you do. For that reason, you'll receive a competitive compensation and benefits package when you join our team.
It starts with you. That's a simple sentence but it says a lot. It reminds each one of us that what we do matters. Every single McKesson employee contributes to our mission-whatever your title, whatever your role, you act as a catalyst in a chain of events that helps millions of people all over the globe. By connecting and improving the business of healthcare, we're helping to ensure that millions of patients get the treatment they need. And by choosing a career with McKesson Corporate, you'll join a team of passionate people working together to improve lives and advance healthcare.
At McKesson, we believe we can empower healthcare. And it all starts with you.
No agencies please.
McKesson is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualified applicants will not be disqualified from consideration for employment based upon criminal history.McKesson is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including job seekers with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to Disability_Accommodation@McKesson.com. Resumes or CVs submitted to this email box will not be accepted.Current employees must apply through internal career site.Join us at McKesson!
McKesson is a healthcare services and information technology company.