Be a part of the digital transformation revolution! The Internet of Things (IoT) is changing the business landscape and Microsoft has emerged as a leading innovator in this field. The Azure IoT team is building platforms, solution accelerators and SaaS offerings to support a commanding share of the 20 billion IoT devices predicted to be online by the end of this decade.
As part of this, the IoT team is looking for an energetic Program Manager to guide strategic engagements with major partner companies in the IoT field, including defining the technical integration plans and working with the IoT leadership team. This role requires common understanding of cloud technologies, the ability to learn and understand everything we do, what our roadmap is, and have world class communication skills and drive. This is an opportunity to learn the full scope of what Azure IoT does and represent it well. The role also requires getting to understand what solutions our partners are creating, along with the business criteria and impact associated with each solution.
Successful candidates should have a track record in working with customers, excellent written and verbal communication skills, savvy business acumen, the ability to independently drive cross-group engagements, and familiarity with the tools and processes of cloud and device developers building hyperscale and highly reliable solutions.
* Program manager/coordinator experience
* Bachelor's degree or higher or 4+ years of experience
* Technical aptitude with a deep understanding of cloud services
* Ability to deliver executive briefings to customers, strategic partners and analysts
* Demonstrated excellence in verbal and written communication
* Proven experience with strategic partners and analyst relations
* Understand cloud deployment and adoption planning to drive Azure Consumption
* Ability to tailor presentations to different audiences
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
* Implement strategic initiatives to enhance our alliance management capability that enables Azure to achieve its growth plan and gain a reputation as a premier alliance partner
* Drive the engagement plans, working in partnership with engineering and leaders across the team
* Provide strategic advice on newly emerging Information Technology business models including Internet of Things (IoT)
* Develop a deep understanding of everything Azure IoT is doing and has planned, and able to deliver executive briefings on Azure IoT
More about You:
* Passion for IoT - You must genuinely LOVE the industry and how Microsoft can play an important role in shaping the future - anything less just won't do
* You work effectively with external partners and love the customer
* You are relentless in the pursuit of insight into how the product is doing in market - who loves it, for what scenarios and why
* In addition to being a great individual contributor, you care deeply about the cohesion and capability of the team as a whole
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.