Oversees, develops and analyzes policies and practices related to project management and the project management office. Develops, analyzes and oversees project quality assurance and resource allocation. Enhances program and project management capabilities and operational oversight. Develops, edits and executes project plans to manage the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects. Defines, develops and deploys standardized project management tools and templates to ensure projects are completed efficiently.
Job Function: Project Management
Develops, edits and implements project plans to manage the lifecycle and operational aspects of projects (i.e., resources, scope, schedule, cost, assumptions and dependencies). Manages work streams, prepares status reports and interfaces with stakeholders to ensure strategy and execution are aligned with defined objectives. Coordinates and communicates the activities of project personnel with relevant stakeholders to ensure progress within time and budget constraints.
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Sr. Consultant, Program Management leads projects and teams, ranging in size and complexity, defining performance goals and execution from initiation to closure. S/he leads scope definition, risk identification and methodology and reports on project status, determines time frames, staffing and resource requirements and leads others to make meaningful process improvements. The Sr. Associate, Program Management manages projects to deliver within scope, on time and on budget.
* Identifies project interdependencies and ensure stakeholders understand and operate with these interdependencies in mind. Review project status and ensure progress is in line with overall program goals. Develop and manage planning across initiatives * Assesses time sensitive project issues, develop solutions, and coordinate the implementation of those resolutions in order to meet overall program productivity, quality, and client satisfaction goals and objectives. * Reports to director on the operating plan program's integration and dependency plan production, activities, and efforts. * Plans, documents, and manages the performance of subordinate managers and/or staff. Provide for professional or technical growth through assignment, mentoring, or training. * Manages process and project management deliverables for all assigned projects from initiation thru closure, including intake activities. * Drives the funding process, as appropriate (i.e. presentations, cost-benefit analysis, business case) * Leads and contributes to the development of project definition and scope with applicable stakeholders * Identifies project duration, effort, sequence, and dependencies of tasks required to meet applicable project objectives * Monitors and documents project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards * Facilitates Project Team meetings and situational analysis regularly to ensure appropriate communication to all stakeholders * Develops presentations, dashboards, reports and other team and executive level project communications and documentation * Significantly improves existing project management processes, discipline and controls * Develops, communicates and implements project risk mitigation plans and completes risk actions, issues and decisions documentation to effectively monitor risk and enable accountability and responsibility * Develops and implements contingency and recovery plans when deliverables are missed (i.e. identify critical path, document, plan for Return to Green, business continuity plan, etc.) * Documents and communicates project changes, project health and project status project team, business owner an executive sponsor * Tracks and reports accurate project plans and budgets in line with appropriate governance
* Acts as a subject matter expert (SME) while providing leadership, guidance, and mentorship to other project managers. * Other duties as assigned.
* Education - * Bachelor's Degree * or equivalent work experience
* Experience - * 9-12 years Formal project management experience in a financial services environment * Estimating and budgeting to ensure project costs are maintained * Experience with SW Project Management tool * Managing multi-year projects with cross-enterprise interdependencies. * Enabling individuals to work effectively as they plan, implement, and experience change * Building project planning documents * Engaging the support and resources of others to achieve project goals and objectives; influencing without authority * Developing and coaching others indirectly or directly- Coaches, reviews and delegating work to lower level professionals
* Skills & Abilities - * Ability to influence others at an operational level regarding new concepts, practices and approaches. * Ability to influence people to get things done even when direct authority does not exist. * Demonstrated knowledge of project and portfolio management tools (i.e. Clarity, Visio, Excel, MS Project, PowerPoint, etc.). * Track record as a successful change agent. * Highly organized and possesses the ability to quickly adjust priorities and work in a complex environment. * Recognized as a project management subject matter expert. * Strong attention to detail and results focused approach. * Expertise in Technology Program/Project Management or deep technology execution experience required. * Excellent communication, problem-solving and decision making skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels in the organization. * Ability to manage all aspects of multiple projects, deliverables and timelines. * Demonstrated ability to build strong collaborative business and technology relationships; recognizes organizational limitations and uses corporate culture and resources to eliminate barriers when possible. * Ability to research, interpret, and incorporate industry and other best practices into project management processes. * Ability to think both tactically and strategically moving through both fluidly. * Skilled in cross-cultural awareness, leadership, communication, influence, negotiation and conflict resolution. * Demonstrated experience engaging the support and resources of others to achieve project goals and objectives; influencing with and without authority. * Ability to understand, apply, and articulate industry project management principles, theories, and concepts. * Ability to identify risks and manage them, escalation when necessary. * Ability to think both tactically and strategically moving through both fluidly. * Ability to analyze project data, metrics and financials, making data-driven analytical decisions. * Knowledge of functional area may be required. * Proven experience prioritizing, budgeting, estimating, project implementation.
* Change Orientation - Flexibility: * Advanced - Leading and Guiding * Anticipates the impact of change and creates an environment where change can be initiated with minimal disruptions and negative impact * Helps people to understand how proposed changes will affect them and the organization *
* Change Orientation - Innovation: * Advanced - Leading and Guiding * Pushes for "a better way" of doing things and encourages others to challenge "old" thinking * Translates broad innovative ideas into workable solutions *
* Change Orientation - Support for Change: * Advanced - Leading and Guiding * Recognizes potential and multiple impacts of change and acts as a coach to help people understand and prepare for change * Takes proactive action to maintain relationships that are impacted by change *
* Collaboration - Relationship Management: * Advanced - Leading and Guiding * Improves relationships between key individuals to achieve seamless cross-team work flow and positively impact results * Uses informal networks to gain support for ideas and projects *
* Collaboration - Teamwork: * Advanced - Leading and Guiding * Brings out the best in each team member by consistently motivating and acknowledging peer contributions * Understands and leverages team dynamics *
* Execution - Accountability: * Advanced - Leading and Guiding * Fully accountable for timeliness, completeness, quality of projects, processes, products and services * Remains calm and focused on goals while facing pressures, obstacles or short-term setbacks *
* Execution - Excellence: * Advanced - Leading and Guiding * Identifies and eliminates redundancy of effort * Ensures tools, systems, and processes are in place to allow team members to work quickly and effectively *
* Problem Solving - Problem Identification: * Advanced - Leading and Guiding * Reformulates the problem in different ways to evaluate it from different angles *
* Frequently: Minimal physical effort such as sitting, standing, and walking. * Occasional moving and lifting of equipment and furniture is required to support onsite and offsite meeting setup and teardown. * Physically capable of lifting up to fifty pounds, able to bend, kneel, climb ladders.
* This job description does not list all the duties of the job. You may be asked by your supervisors or managers to perform other duties. You will be evaluated in part based upon your performance of the tasks listed in this job description. * The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time. This job description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason.