We are seeking a self-starting and driven program manager to act as a focal point for partner and content teams who are working together to publish training for Microsoft Learn. You will be working closely with writers, editors, instructional designers, localization, design, and other content development team members to help support them in all phases of onboarding and content development. And, you will be working with our engineering to advocate for feature work on the content team's behalf. The ideal candidate understands learning content creation, content management, and online publishing and is passionate about technology and engineering. You will evangelize Microsoft Learn and facilitate the ongoing success of our partner content teams.
A leading candidate will have a strong customer focus, a passion for technology, great collaboration skills, is adept at problem-solving and suggesting new ways to streamline, strong leadership, and will be results oriented.
Required Basic Qualifications:
* 2-5 years program management experience.
* 2-5 years experience providing customer support or relationship management.
* 1-2 years experience working on a training or content development team.
* Proven proficiency using Git/GitHub.
* Proven experience using a markup language, such as Markdown or HTML.
* Exceptional communication, problem-solving, and collaboration skills.
* 1-2 years experience developing online training content, or technical content.
* 1-2 years experience with product development and roadmap prioritization.
* Experience with localization projects.
* Experience with project tracking tools, such as Azure DevOps.
* Understanding of cloud services and Microsoft portfolio of products.
* Proven track record of refining process workflow.
* Proven track record using data to make strategic decisions.
Characteristics we are looking for:
* Ability to deal with ambiguity, and drive to create clarity.
* Ability to easily adapt and thrive in a fast-paced and changing environment.
* Has a demonstrated passion for technology.
* Collaborative and team focused.
* Great communication and problem-solving skills.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
* Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Own the relationship for two or more content teams, and drive the following for each:
* Train and support on our platform tools and technologies, processes, content development standards, and other areas to be successful with Microsoft Learn.
* Advocate on behalf of the content teams with our partners, and on behalf of the partners with the content teams.
* Enforce governance, processes, and quality standards with content teams.
* Communicate changes to the platform and processes to the content teams.
* Troubleshoot Git related issues with content teams.
* Gather feedback from partners and content teams to continually improve our systems and processes.
* Resolve escalations.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.