Viasat is in the business to connect the world. As a global broadband services and technology company, we are connecting international communities to the internet by offering residential internet service; enabling passengers and operations crews to stream high-bandwidth media, applications, and content when traveling globally on commercial, business or government aircraft and maritime vessels; and empowering international warfighters on the front lines of battle with real-time, secure internet-based intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance for high-requirement missions. We deliver and protect information - when and where it is needed most - with our trusted communications satellite and ground systems, infrastructure, and services.
In this role you will have the opportunity work on diverse to complex programs. You will have overall responsibility for project and program execution through leadership, planning, scheduling, financial reporting and budgeting, managing deliverables while identifying and mitigating risks, and interfacing with project and program customers (internal and external). You should have a proven and extensive track record of leadership, problem solving, performance analysis and metrics, making trade decisions, utilizing formal program management techniques (i.e. EVMS), and achieving the goals of the program and business area. Are you ready to take your entrepreneurial spirit and program management expertise to the next level?
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering (EE, CE, CS) or equivalent
* 5 to 8+ years of extensive experience leading development
* Superior organization and communication skills
* Competency in project and/or team management
* Experience developing, tracking, and maintaining project plans, schedules, and budgets
* Experience with government programs and products including government contract requirements, flow downs, and FARS/DFARS
* Proficient in using MS Project and Excel
* Travel up to 10%
* Knowledge of EVMS practices
* US Citizenship Required
* Ability to obtain a secret clearance
* Knowledge and experience with project management methodologies and best practices such as PMP
* Familiarity with security/cyber technologies and IP networking
* Experience with leading and writing Government proposals
* Experience in Satellite communications
* Experience with encryption/description
* Secret clearance preferred
Our Carlsbad, CA office is just 30 minutes north of San Diego and 5 minutes from the beach. We know there is more to life than work and with full gym access, volleyball/basketball courts and meal services onsite you'll never want to leave our beautiful campus.
Are you ready to take the next step forward in your Program Management career? Then submit your resume. It only takes a few minutes and could start you on your new path to a fulfilling career at Viasat. We look forward to hearing from you.
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
BA/BS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 25%
US Citizenship Required
Must be able to obtain a United States Secret Clearance
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.