The Ambit Group is a Woman-Owned, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Business providing management services to the public and private sectors. Our motto is We get the mission of government done. Smarter. Faster. And cheaper." We embody the name of the firm in our culture. Our ambit, or sphere of influence, is one in which all members have a voice and all are committed to outcomes. We understand that work, family and community co-exist, when any element is out of balance, all suffer.
Our policies are family-centric, provide flexible work schedules, job sharing and cross-training that meet client requirements and support our employees. We focus on more than the task at hand, we focus on the entirety of our ambit. There is no job too large and no task too low we function as ONE.
We are looking for a strong Program Manager to join our DHS Team in Washington, DC. In this role the Program Manager will serve as the lead for a multi-functional team that provides strategic sourcing services and IT Strategy services.
* Provides project management support, to include developing project documents and supporting activities from initiation through close out
* Support the team with the full range of program management activities, to include client services, contract mangaement, and personnel.
* Leads the day to day technical for Federal software program.
* Manages program schedules, to include monthly program milestone tracking and reporting
* Creates original concepts and theories for a PMO
* Provides technical writing support, for materials such as reports and manuals
* Develops and contributes to briefings, presentations, and white papers for senior leadership, as requested
* Participates in and facilitates meetings, to include Integrated Project Teams, Working Groups, and design reviews
* Bachelor's degree or higher
* 15+ years of specific expereince leading large, complex Federal IT PMO programs
* 5+ years of management or supervisory experience
* Secret clearance
* Experience managing projects (client satisfaction, scope, budget, schedule, risk, and quality) and withformal project management processes, methods, and tools
* Strong written and oral skills
* Active DHS entry of duty preferred