Please review the job details below.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Develops and maintains project plans to achieve technical, schedule, cost and quality commitments and goals.
* Manages project objectives, goals, and schedules, and provides direction to the team in areas of customer concerns, potential changes in scope and risk assessment.
* Works in concert with the functional area management to coordinate resource planning leading to successful project execution.
* Maintains metrics for program including: earned value, quality, technical performance and delivery.
* Manages project (financial, technical, schedule and quality) risks including creating mitigation plans to reduce those risks.
* Coordinates across organizations, insuring proper communications and keeping stakeholders informed of key programmatic issues.
* Prepares and presents prescribed monthly program review packages to management, including financial reports, project status and estimate-to-complete.
* Proactively supports and drives continuous improvement initiatives on his/her assigned responsibilities and projects.
* Supports developing new business and proposals
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Ideal program manager is a blend of technical competence with the ability to focus, collaborate, build high performance project teams and lead people.
* Flexibility in approach and a technical foundation is needed to overcome unforeseen problems.
* He/she needs to employ leadership skills including public speaking skills, the ability to use influencing skills, the ability to make timely decisions, and a sense of controlled urgency.
* Good understanding of technical requirements with experience in large and small engineering projects.
* Experience in using project control techniques, including scheduling, risk assessment and mitigation, resource management, schedule and requirements tradeoffs, matrix interface with engineering, manufacturing, academia, suppliers, industry associates, subcontractors and customer.
* Experience with cross-functional teams, different functional organizations, development engineering and manufacturing.
* Good oral, written and communication skills
* Good organizational skills
* Minimum of five (5) years combined relevant experience in project management, functional management, or technical management required.
* BS in Engineering or equivalent, Business Administration and/or Project Management School preferred.
* Experience in defense, aerospace or equivalent high-reliability commercial industry.
* Good MS Office and MS Project skills required.
* Ability to obtain and maintain an DSS security clearance.
MAXAR Technologies offers a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.