The IT Program Manager Senior is accountable to executive sponsors for schedule, budget, and quality of on-going programs which may have many related projects managed within. The incumbent will apply broad, advanced project management principles and concepts to large projects, and contribute to innovation of new concepts and ideas, and continuous process improvement. Program duties may not always fall within a defined subproject. The individual must be able to identify activities as either in or out of scope as they relate to the program objectives. The individual will also have direct management responsibility for project and program managers.
* Manage multiple projects and stakeholder relationships to ensure business needs are met, projects are delivered on time, and projects are successfully managed
* Define and manage business case, program and project scope, goals, budget, schedule, resources, and deliverables that support business goals, and take appropriate steps to ensure project objectives are met in a timely and efficient manner.
* Manage program and project risks / issues. Recognize and determine the appropriate corrective action to ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget and scope.
* Identify and execute appropriate communication methods to meet stakeholder and senior leadership needs on the accurate status of a project
* Create and maintain project documentation to identify, evaluate, scope, plan, monitor, and follow up on active projects
* Mentor program and project managers and junior project team members.
* Lead by example by following strict best practices regarding documentation, SDLC, and project team collaboration
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 3+ years of direct supervisory experience
* 8 years relevant experience with 2 or more dedicated to Program Management
* Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
* General knowledge of business and IT systems
* Strong communication skills both written and verbal
* Experience with MS Project, Workbench or related tool
* PMP certification
* Advanced Microsoft Project skills
* PMO process improvement experience
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. RSM is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential. Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
Experience RSM US. Experience the power of being understood.
RSM is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Job ID req8436_Chicago
Line of Business: Internal Client Service
Job Type: Full Time
Req #: req8436_Chicago
Location: 801 Nicollet Mall, West Tower, Ste 1100, Chicago, IL US
Job Category: Corporate Information Technology
Employment Type: Experienced
Degree Required: None
About Junction Solutions
Junction Solutions offers industry-specific ERP solutions and expertise for the retail and consumer goods industries.