QSC is a world leader in the design and manufacture of innovative Audio and Video products for multiple markets including Installed Systems, Live Sound, and Cinema. We are seeking a talented and motivated Program Manager, A/V Systems to join our growing product development team in Costa Mesa, California.
The program manager develops, defines, and executes plans of record, including: schedules, budgets, resources, deliverables, and risks. Monitors and drives the program from initiation through delivery, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders across functions on technical matters, as needed. Monitors budget/spending, on-time delivery, and achievement of program milestones. Represents the program and drives alignment across stakeholders.They work closely with other cross-functional members of the group (e.g. Product Management, HW Engineering, SW Engineering, Supply Chain, NPI, etc.) to plan and execute the A/V Systems product roadmap for QSC.
The role includes overseeing and managing QSC's development partners working at global sites, in addition to projects based at our Boulder and Costa Mesa offices. This requires someone with excellent leadership and communication skills, and the desire and drive to grow and develop remote teams.
* Develops and manages the execution of the program Plan of Record (e.g., on time, on budget, within scope) for multiple complex programs/technologies which includes schedule and resource forecasting, stakeholder identification, method and frequency of communication, scope, and prioritization.
* Tracks and manages all key metrics pertaining to a program and identifies when metrics deviate significantly from Plan of Record; escalates issues in a timely manner and proposes corrective actions.
* Collaborates with key stakeholders and program sponsors to develop goals, set the prioritization of deliverables, and drive execution.
* Identifies program issues/risks and creates a risk mitigation plan for multiple complex programs.
* Program Manger will work closely with offshore design partners and contract manufacturers to oversee timely delivery of key programs, on-time and within budget.
* Utilizes highly effective interpersonal skills to build and grow relationships with third party providers.
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field. Advanced degree preferred.
* Background and depth of experience with both hardware and software engineering. Ability to understand the technical aspects of a project and its requirements to ensure programs meet overall business outcomes.
* PMP Certification preferred.
* Agile Software development methodology and practices, e.g. SCRUM Master, ideal
* Minimum of 5 years of experience working with offshore design partners and contract manufacturers.
* 3+ years working with operating budgets, resources, and/or project financials.