Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product.
Manage the development and implementation process of a specific company product involving departmental or cross-functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing products. Plan and direct schedules and monitor budget/spending. Monitor the project from initiation through delivery. Organize the interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget constraints. Assign and monitor work of systems analysis and program staff, providing technical support and direction.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex, needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 5 years of project management, product design or related experience preferred.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Are you interested in building large-scale distributed infrastructure for the cloud? Oracle's Cloud Infrastructure team is building new Infrastructure-as-a-Service technologies that operate at high scale in a broadly distributed multi-tenant cloud environment. Our customers run their businesses on our cloud, and our mission is to provide them with best in class, foundational cloud networking services.
Our team designs, engineers and operates the security for our premier cloud IaaS and PaaS services. We are reimagining the traditional enterprise thinking of security and creating an environment suitable for the most demanding and security conscience customers with our new large scale distributed services. Our services expose highly available, software defined networking (SDN) capabilities for virtual network formation to our elastic compute customers and we're here to protect them.
We are looking for a Cloud Operations Technical Program Manager to help us push the boundaries of what can be accomplished in both current and the next generation of Oracle Cloud services. The ideal candidate will have proven experience managing a set of projects, program, and participation in both short and long term strategy planning. As a member of our highly collaborative and motivated team, you will work with business stakeholders, project managers, and technical staff to deliver effectively against commitments. Challenges and opportunities are plentiful in this role as you apply your knowledge in program management to help secure the next generation of Oracle Cloud capabilities.
* Engage with business stakeholders to understand use cases, document requirements, and perform business analysis.
* Apply project management discipline to develop plans, define scope, document requirements, and manage budget/schedule/resources for a complex group of projects.
* Develop and manage short and long term program roadmaps and goals while prioritizing based on business need and IT capability.
* Own establishing and managing multiple project and program deliverables, communicating project and program vision and ensuring resources are aligned properly.
* Utilize agile methodologies, driving technical and functional teams to complete critical path actions in a timely fashion with an act and iterate approach
* Maintain a high level of organization and planning while communicating with stakeholders to reach timelines and maintain customer satisfaction.
* Independently identify risks, manage corrective action plans when budget or schedule deviations occur, and escalate / communicate project health to senior leadership.
* Demonstrate flexibility and resilience in response to changing or ambiguous situations, directing changes through appropriate review and approval mechanisms.
* Create and maintain comprehensive project and program documentation.
* Actively partner with teams across Oracle to ensure appropriate processes and templates are utilized for project and program success.
* Look for process definition and improvement opportunities and lead others in adhering to existing IT processes and contributing to their improvement.
* BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area with 10 years of related experience including 4 years with IT / security projects and 2 years with agile.
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office / Atlassian tools (JIRA / Confluence).
* Strong knowledge of project and program management methodologies and tools for tracking programs, issues, risk, and status
* Knowledge and application of business process analysis methodologies.
* Understanding of IT and IT life-cycle development principles.
* Understanding of applications development, database and data management, and infrastructure capabilities and constraints.
* Previous Network Operations, Business Analysis, Systems Administration and/or Software Development experience a plus
* PMP or SCRUM Master Certification preferred.
* Solid organizational skills, attention to detail, and multitasking capabilities.
* Outstanding proactive communication skills: written, verbal, presentations.
* Strong interpersonal and consulting skills to establish and maintain internal and external partnerships globally, negotiating risk against other business factors.
* Self-driven, analytical, and results oriented with proven sound judgment.
* Positive influence to lead through frequent ambiguity / uncertainty / change.
* Business savvy including the ability to see and convey the big picture.
* Experience in risk assessment, risk management, and risk mitigation.
* Knowledge of industry security concepts / frameworks and regulatory standards such as ISO-27001, NIST, PCI, HIPAA, etc. is preferred.
* CISSP, GIAC or infrastructure / security architecture certifications are preferred
* Experience with Compliance certification and audits (SOC, ISO, PCI, FedRamp, etc)
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.