The Program Manager is responsible for planning, directing and coordinating activities associated with the development, implementation and operation and sustainment of a state-of-the-art software application that enables aviation information displays for FAA National Airspace System (NAS) users. This position will implement FAA System and Software Engineering processes and will be expected to function at the highest level in project management - planning, scheduling, and controlling of projects and initiatives to meet program objectives (i.e., performance, cost, and time goals while controlling or maintain the scope). This person will also specify goals, strategy, staffing, scheduling and identification of resources. Coordinates activities of personnel to ensure network engagements progress on schedule and within budget.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
* Overseeing the development of a complex data information system which aggregates aviation data and makes it available for presentation and use by air traffic controllers and other NAS users
* Lead and support Technical Interchange Meetings and working groups to elicit customer needs and report status
* Manage teams who design, test, install, configure, and monitor software applications.
* Hire, evaluate, and counsel staff. Provide guidance, training, and motivation to develop staff.
* Set staff performance standards, review performance, provide feedback, and recommend salary actions in accordance with HR policies and procedures.
* Manage the implementation of policies and procedures, system monitoring and automation, and troubleshooting activities.
* Work closely with team leads to develop and implement staffing and operational plans.
* Participate in the development of short and long term customer organizational goals.
* Managing to performance metrics and SLAs
* Ensure staff complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and security standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels.
* Create relevant documentation and provide customer facing presentations as needed.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* Bachelors and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience; Masters and twelve (12) years or more of related experience.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
* Possess a Bachelor's Degree or Higher in Management, Computer Science, Information Technology or related field
* A minimum of ten years of experience with the management of an enterprise System/Software Engineering program.
* Experience with EVMS ANSI/EIA Standard 748
* PMP or PMI-ACP
* Experience with Waterfall system development
* Experience staffing projects under FFP and CPIF types of contracts
* Active Public Trust L5 Security Clearance
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
* Experience with managing under a rigorous System Engineering process
* Experience in System Development, Deployment, In Service Management in a mission critical environment
* Experience with generating timelines, estimating costs, and ensuring projects meet the needs of the organization.
* Must be an independent self- starter with strong initiative
* Agile management tools such as Jira and Confluence
* Agile or DevOps certification
* Experience with Development and Deployment of FAA NAS systems
* Demonstrated experience with Risk Analysis
* Knowledge of cloud computing technologies, business drivers, and emerging computing trends
* Experience overseeing a Quality-Assurance Program in accordance with RTCA/DO-278A
* Experience with IT planning processes and program/non-program budgeting, and with IT governance
* Understanding of FAA's Acquisition Management System (AMS)
* Experience with MS Office, MS Project, other project management tools
* Must have strong writing / reporting and verbal communication skills
* Must be able to perform in a high- pressure fast-paced environment
* Must be able to quickly learn and apply new tools and technologies
* Must be flexible in a constantly changing business landscape
* Must have a strong customer service orientation
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability