Manage/oversee a portfolio of programs and contracts developing mission critical software and hardware systems and providing program acquisition, engineering, and lifecycle support services for custom subsystems or small total systems. Develop and coordinate new program plans or delivery methods with little precedence for coordination across distinctive products.
The Program serves multiple customers and requires developing and coordinating program requirements with several subcontractors across distinct product lines. Program is contained at one primary domestic geographic location and has one or more remote domestic or non-domestic sites. Multiple business functions are represented by the employees directly assigned to the program. Program involves new technologies requiring coordination of applications across program requirements. Develops solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Long-range financial forecast is for significant future growth represented in several discrete developing products or components that include derivative technologies (exclude follow-on business). Long-range forecast is projected to continue for seven or more years.
Portfolio includes programs and projects located within the U.S. Army Combat Capability Development C5ISR Night Vision Compound at Ft. Belvoir VA, and other CONUS locations. Portfolio includes contracts with Joint Personnel Recovery Agency, NVESD Counter Explosive Hazards, PM Ground Sensors, Navy Information Warfare Center, and Office of Assistant Secretary of Defense. Products include advanced mobile software applications, C4ISR networking on the move hardware and software, and state-of-the-art ground sensor systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Responsible for the cost, schedule, and technical performance of the company on assigned program from inception through completion. Manages technical and administrative staff and provides ongoing direction in the performance of the assigned program.
* Develop and monitor program plan including time and cost estimates. Ensures project outputs are delivered on schedule and within funding.
* Establish milestones and monitors adherence to program plan and schedule, identifies program problems, and obtains solutions, such as allocation of resources or changing contractual specifications.
* Prioritize workload and determines staffing levels and any adjustments in staffing. Maintains a staffing level to ensure technical quality and appropriate experience levels are consistent with current and projected project activities.
* Review reports and briefings prepared by technical staff for quality.
* Lead technical discussions for project reviews. Prepares and delivers formal briefings.
* Ensure that appropriate training is delivered to program staff.
* Establish and maintains effective relationships with customer and other outside agencies.
* Act as primary customer contact for program activities. Regularly meets with and updates the customer on project status. Leads program review sessions with customer to discuss cost, schedule, and technical performance.
* Develop new business or expands business with current customer and accounts. Coordinates preparation of proposals, business plans, proposal work statements and specifications, operating budgets, and financial terms/conditions of contract. Participates in negotiating contract and contract changes.
* Comply with quality assurance and security procedures in the performance of duties.
* Perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree in engineering, science or related technical discipline plus 10 years or Master's plus 8 years of experience in a technical position. At least 5 years of technical project management experience or certification required. At least 5 years experience managing a staff.
In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 14 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by
market survey data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Leadership and management skills as evidenced by previous work experience.
* Personnel Recovery, SERE, Hostage Rescue or other applicable job experience where you were involved with the prevention or rescue of isolated or captured personnel. Overseas in a combat zone is a plus
* Strong customer service orientation.
* A TS security clearance is required for employment and be eligible to apply for SCI.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.