Do you want to help usher-in a new era of enhanced developer productivity, accelerated time-to-market and improved agility for one of the largest products at Microsoft? Are you passionate about massively distributed workloads and complex systems? We are building the system that will do all these things for the largest software project on the planet: Windows.
Windows developers deserve the best development and software build tools. Improved agility in development and collaboration means we can get products to customers faster. The system that builds the software produced by Microsoft developers into products delivered to customers is at the core of the Microsoft engineering system. We're creating a continuous integration system that revolutionizes how Microsoft developers think about their work. The goals are to build and validate the changes developers make and to ensure that we do that quickly, efficiently, and reliably. The scale of the software built is unparalleled in the world. The scale brings with it several interesting challenges that we need help to solve.
* Bachelor's in CS, IS or Electrical Engineering
* 2+ years' experience in a role meeting with customers or representing customer needs within the business
* 2+ years' experience working on a technically challenging complex problem space
* 1+ years' experience working on a project requiring cross group or partner collaboration
* Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to explain complex problems from a customer centric point of view
* Experience in broad distributed applications and services
* Basic knowledge of engineering systems and processes at a large scale
* MSCS or equivalent
* Program management experience
* Experience writing Scenario specifications
* Experience with build systems
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
We're looking for a PM who:
* Is customer obsessed, and live site first focused
* Identifies and clearly articulates customer needs and requirements
* Collaborates effectively across teams and across engineering disciplines
* Thinks through various ways to prioritize problems and establish clear priorities based on data and analysis
* Writes clear concise scenario and functional specifications, requirements and documentation
* Resolves people and technical conflicts with professionalism
* Takes on the hardest technical problems in very complex distributed systems at huge scale
* Drives with technical understanding of the Windows engineering systems.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.