Do you want to be at the center of the three Microsoft clouds (Azure, Microsoft365, and Microsoft Dynamics) empowering customers and partners to secure their environments in order to realize the full value of Microsoft cloud services? Are you looking for a role where you can interact directly with customers and help them transform into cloud-enabled businesses? Do you want to contribute to one of Microsoft's fastest growing businesses? If so, then we are looking for you!
As the demand for cloud identity management and information protection solutions accelerate, Microsoft is building Azure Active Directory solutions to meet the needs of our customers. Identity plays the central role for all of Microsoft's products - Microsoft 365, Azure, Dynamics, and XBOX - and for all types of customers, both consumer and commercial. Customer Success and Obsession is the mantra at Microsoft and providing customers with an excellent support and service experience is a big part of this. We believe in today's Intelligent Cloud and Intelligent Edge world, and effective communication of up-to-date service status plays a key role in the success of our products and in our customers' success using our products. The Customer Experience Team, as part of the Identity Engineering team, is looking for a conscientious, customer-focused Program Manager with a growth mindset and passion for effective customer communication.
The ideal candidate is a process-oriented, highly responsible communications professional who possesses sound judgment and impeccable writing skills. You are comfortable with constant change, ambiguity, and tight deadlines, and you have enough technical expertise to understand the language of engineers and translate this into easily understandable language that can be consumed by our millions of customers. You'll be supported by colleagues on the Customer Experience Team and in the broader Identity organization to strengthen your technical and communications skills.
* Bachelor's or master's degree in Engineering or Communications, or equivalent
* 2+ years of direct experience in messaging or customer communications
* Ability to deal effectively with ambiguity and to quickly learn new tools and processes
* Exercise extremely high judgment, particularly in narrow timeframes
* Be detail-oriented and precise, and effectively communicate with a range of internal stakeholders across various functions and levels
* A "can-do" attitude with personal drive and a track record of rolling up your sleeves and making things happen
* Highly collaborative attitude coupled with the ability to work toward customer and business goals rather than personal goals
* Exemplary project and program management skills - highly organized with the ability to multitask and drive progress on multiple, smaller projects simultaneously
* Growth mindset with the desire and ability to think outside the box and try out new ways to achieve business results
* Knowledge in the following domains is a plus: Identity, Security and Access Management and/or modern communication channels including Social Media
The ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements is required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Effectively translate engineering-speak into customer-consumable content as part of incident and service change communications.
* Collaborate closely with nearly all teams across Microsoft (Microsoft 365, Azure, Dynamics, XBOX, Customer Service & Support, Corporate External & Legal Affairs, and others) to effectively describe and communicate the status of outages, and to define and implement communications process improvements.
* Build out the Identity Communications Program, leveraging the foundation in place and bringing your experience, ideas, and skills to define and implement critical functions and processes to improve customer experience and internal processes.
* Manage multiple, concurrent workstreams in a fast-paced environment.
* Listen to and act upon customer and internal feedback, driving for continuous improvements.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.