Are you passionate about building cool devices and technologies? The Surface Team focuses on building devices that fully express the Windows vision. A fundamental part of our strategy is having desirable and powerful devices that enable the experiences people want and elicit their excitement. Creating these devices involves a close partnership between hardware and software engineers, designers, and manufacturing. We are currently building the next generation of products and Surface needs you!
As a Technical PM you will be responsible for driving power, performance and thermal management across multiple Surface product lines.
* 6+ years of technical program management experience in hardware or firmware
* Knowledge/background in software industry products/services/applications, with in-depth knowledge of Microsoft's products/services/applications preferred.
* Must possess strong cross team/group/org collaboration skills; ability to foresee and analyze project risks, develop risk management plan and mitigate subsequent issues.
* Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects and actively prioritize
* Strong communication skills and ability to work across multiple disciplines and functions (PM, Test, Hardware Engineers, etc.) including external partners & suppliers.
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
Some domestic and international travel are required.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* You will have the opportunity to work on cutting edge hardware and software, driving delivery of both current products as well as helping to define the future of power, performance, and thermal stack across the Surface product line.
* Deep engagement with external partners and various internal teams to define long term roadmaps and technology investments in the power, performance, and thermal area.
* Collaborate with Engineering teams within Surface and Windows to develop best of breed solutions
* Work with Surface's team of testers to define system and feature-level tests as well as articulate a series of specific and measurable product quality goals.
* Track team progress, facilitate meetings, and proactively identify risks to the project.
* Facilitate program communications, identify and implement continuous improvement practices, and provide regular status reports as required.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.