As a part of the Cloud & AI team, Commerce Services and Compliance engineering enables Microsoft to run its Commercial and Consumer businesses - accountable for ensuring $65B+ of the company's revenue is processed timely and compliantly as well as evolving to meet the ever changing business needs in market.
We are not your traditional compliance team! Our charter requires us to Prevent, Detect and Remediate risk across Financial, Regulatory, Trade, Privacy, and Anti-Corruption risk areas while transforming how we execute risk assessment through the use of automation and cognitive services. We have an incredible charter to drive transformative impact across Commerce Services and we are looking for a passionate, talented and creative team member excited about building our culture of compliance within Commerce Services as we design and implement controls on our platform that enable of delivery of business models and our strategic objectives in a complaint manner.
This role reports to the Principal Program Manager of the Financial & Regulatory Risk Management team within Commercial Compliance Engineering. This role is in the engineering profession within the program management discipline.
As a Compliance Senior Program Manager, your job will be to own and drive compliance by design initiatives and controls across Commerce Services with various Engineering, Operations Finance and our global financial risks and compliance team. The ideal candidate should understand the criticality of compliance on Microsoft's financials and have extensive experience designing and implementing various financial, operational and IT controls across complex platform within engineering teams. You will have great collaboration skills along with the ability to go deep and drive clarity across teams. In addition, this position requires:
* An individual comfortable assessing inherent and residual risk across our Commerce Services platforms and working with engineering team to triage and prioritize critical risks
* An ability to influence Controls Design and SOX adherence across various Commerce Services teams
* An ability to influence finance and engineering teams with control design and implementation
* An ability to influence senior leadership across various organizations including engineering, operations finance, operations, and finance.
* An individual comfortable with risk and issue assessment and management, time and capacity management, and executive and stakeholder communications are also required responsibilities.
* An individual comfortable with collaborating and coordinating across multiple organizations, driving clarity and ensuring open channels of communication between all of them, managing the engagement of across teams and leading the overall compliance program initiatives.
* Bachelor's degree required (preferably in Business or Computer Science)
* 5+ years of relevant business experience within Finance, Operations, Engineering, Compliance or relevant roles
* 5+ years of work experience as a program manager envisioning, designing and delivering applications, processes and solutions
* Ambitious, self-motivated, proactive and results-oriented
* Strong leadership acumen, with natural drive and initiative to lead by example
* Strong communication skills at all organization levels
* Strong analytical and organization skills
* Effective executive maturity, integrity and judgment
* Good Conflict/Negotiation management
* Good ability to impact and influence at a GM level
* COSO - Risk Management Framework experience
* Financial controls and or audit experience
* IT General and Interface Controls experience
* Good understanding of engineering processes, development life cycles and technical patterns - Improving
* A proven track record of successful results-oriented, solution and project definition and delivery
* Strong end to end thinking with process orientation; ability to develop enterprise-wide solutions
* Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems
* Strong emphasis on technical program management
* Outstanding problem-solving skills and passion to solve hard problems
* Deep passion for satisfying customer needs and achieving high user and business partner satisfaction, influencing decisions for the right solutions and balancing priorities across customer, business and technical needs
* Successful experience leading design and implementation of new business processes and controls across multiple teams and complex integrated ecosystems and dependencies, comprising an end-to-end solution
* Successful experience defining scenarios and requirements, and design solutions in a streamlined, agile fashion incorporating quality in use principles
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
Provide strong leadership across business-critical capabilities including:
* Implement business, operations and IT controls and quality metrics across our Commerce Services
* Understand the various dependencies and relationships across C + AI and Commercial ecosystems and communicate risks/issues appropriately and timely with partners and stakeholders
* Analyze, troubleshoot, and proactively challenge existing processes and workflows - suggest and support implementation of necessary changes in order to improve influence/business impact
* Uses, analyzes and leverages existing data to make / take informed decisions, improve existing processes / systems and simplifies and create strong plans with minimum risk
* Direct and collaborate with Control Owners to ensure that controls are being performed and evidenced in a timely manner and meet all FCG, SOX and Regulatory program deadlines
* Collaborates with stakeholders and partners to proactively collect feedback to drive positive changes in operational compliance processes
* Establishes a strong relationship and becomes a trusted advisor that provides timely status to key internal/external stakeholders and partners
* Understands business objectives and plans accordingly. Critically reviews multiple plans and adjusts as needed. Proactively communicates and addresses necessary priority or capacity trade-offs.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.