Microsoft is a leader in delivering great online services including Office 365 and Azure for organizations around the world. The Microsoft identity platform is the identity and access foundation for these Microsoft online services and thousands of other third-party cloud SaaS apps. As the Customer Experience (CxP) team, we are focused on quickly onboarding customers to our services, ensure a great customer and partner experience, create a responsive data-driven customer/engineering feedback loop and helping our customers derive maximum value from our platform.
Our team is looking for an experienced self-starter to manage and expand the app usage programs on the identity platform and drive customer usage on our identity platform's app integrations. This role is critical as our group focuses on creating compelling value in Microsoft Identity Services as we onboard more and more customers to use the Microsoft identity platform. As a Program Manager, you will be responsible to develop a keen understanding of how our services align with customer needs and how best to drive awareness and adoption for them.
The ideal candidate will be a go-getter who can work in a dynamic environment, tolerate ambiguity, and is able to prioritize and deliver with minimal oversight. You will have a strong customer empathy and excellent cross-group and communication skills. You will be joining a team that is focused on results, works together to solve problems, and is committed to developing people.
* 3+ Years designing and delivering complex programs of work spanning multiple teams
* 3+ Years working with Customer/Enterprises on technical solutions and/or implementation
* 3+ Years with Identity Management or Cloud Technologies
* 5-7+ years in program management with demonstrated experience in managing high profile, high importance projects, products, or services
* Personal drive and impact with a track record of rolling up your sleeves and making things happen
* Demonstrate technical curiosity and aptitude to quickly master service capabilities, technical issues, business trends, and customer needs
* Track record of high customer satisfaction in a customer or partner facing role
* Strong collaboration, project management, and relationship management skills
* Strong affinity to drive agile and flexible team culture (do what it takes mindset)
* Effective use of Public social media channels such as Google AdWords, YouTube, Twitter and basic SE0/SEM thinking
* Previous technical knowledge on development and operation of REST web services is a nice to have
* Previous technical knowledge on different federation protocols like SAML 2.0, OpenID Connect, OAuth and WS-Federation is a nice to have
* Previous experience developing applications or working on developer-oriented products is a nice to have
* Previous experience of defining, owning and managing campaigns that scaled a KPI from scratch to success
* Excellent reporting and stakeholder communication skills
The ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements is required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the Microsoft Cloud Background Check. This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
As a member of the Identity Division's Customer Experience team, you will:
* Work closely with the other internal teams who are directly managing customers.
* Understand the customer requirements and business scenarios which need to be satisfied
* Enhance and create the knowledge base around Azure Identity and Access Management as you learn from the customer scenarios.
* Partner with your team members to articulate and drive different usage programs. You should be goal oriented and adjust yourself as you progress and learn.
* Engage deeply with customers and engineering to drive change, identify gaps, and synthesize feedback to recommend product or documentation solutions
* Work closely with engineering team(s) to resolve issues for customers keeping the customer empathy in the mind. You will be the advocate to customer here when working with engineering teams.
* Candidate will need a good combination of project management skills, plus familiarity with web services technologies, REST APIs and web security best practices. Some knowledge if Identity will be an added advantage here.
* Understand overall application integration space for single sign on and user provisioning which uses standard federation protocols (such as OpenID Connect, OAuth etc.) and SCIM for user provisioning. Apply this knowledge when you closely work with customers on deployments.
* Maintain a working demo/lab environment for problem solving and self-initiated learning
* Develop and document best practices based on your learnings with actual customer integration
* Solve key partner technical challenges and platform issues, use internal tools to approve partner onboarding requests, and be the voice of the developer and escalate within Identity engineering appropriately
* Understand industry trends and benchmarks, advocate for capitalizing on any potential opportunities with Identity engineering leadership
* Identify and influence business/engineering systems (process, people and tools) roadmaps to ensure operational readiness and adoption of capabilities being implemented
Microsoft develops, licenses, and supports software, services, devices, and solutions.