Microsoft is in the midst of a massive digital transformation as we move our legacy commerce systems to our new modern systems that support our cloud business. This transformation covers all aspects of the Microsoft business and how Microsoft goes to market. Our Commerce + Ecosystems (C+E) team has been modernizing how customers find, purchase and deploy products.
If you want to play a critical and strategic leadership role in driving customer/partner experiences for the next generation of major commercial releases, come join our growing team to help drive and improve customer/partner experiences and take a leading role in Microsoft's modernizations and go-to-market strategy. This is a highly visible role that cuts across various engineering and business stakeholders to drive comprehensive E2E testing on all releases that impact customers/partners as part of this digital transformation to our new modern systems.
The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter that can work independently in a fast paced, ambiguous environment with limited supervision.
* 6+ years of relevant experience.
* A fast learner who can quickly absorb the nuances and behaviors of Microsoft's commercial space varied system architecture.
* Solid project management ability, understanding of business systems, operational processes and technical program management awareness.
* Analytical in their decision making with a demonstrated ability to drive issues to completion.
* Experience in deep dive analysis and has strong problem solving skills.
* Strong customer obsessed mindset.
* Strong sense of teamwork, collaboration, personal integrity, responsibility and accountability.
* Scenario and user experience design skills.
* Proven ability to influence and make an impact.
* Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings: Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Define key test scenarios and deliverables as identified in our project launch methodology for specific assigned projects, including securing required reviews and approvals
* Coordinate with engineering, business and finance stakeholder teams to drive final determinations of user stories and test scenarios.
* Coordinate with and support finance teams to drive final determinations of accounting treatment, including understanding and application of accounting treatment to the accounting project requirements
* Participate in all design sessions with the development teams to incorporate the comprehensive E2E test plan into the product's business requirements document.
* Prepare/update business transaction flow documentation and related controls assessment, including identification and design of new business workflows
* Work with Engineering to define and maintain test environments, test accounts, and standards
* Define and ensure adherence to compliance requirements
* Manage and maintain test tooling and reporting across all future launches
* Perform user acceptance testing, including reconciliation, issue identifications, recording, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution
* Prepare launch go/no go documentation and coordinate gathering approvals for launch
* Train the business team (end users) of new business transactions, customer determinations and processes
* Perform post-launch/post-production support activities, including troubleshooting, trouble ticketing
* Provide feedback/improvements to the current project methodology
* Escalate, as needed, for assistance in resolving issues that arise during execution of assigned projects
* Design and deploy management reporting of test execution progress, risks and issues.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.