Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates.
We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
This job is a fantastic opportunity to work with the Digital Workplace team who builds applications for employees and Microsoft's Real Estate & Security team. Together, we can help Microsoft create the campus of the future, including the new Puget Sound East Campus. We are looking for an exceptional Program Manager to build new applications, run enhancement projects, and onboard third-party SaaS solutions.
Examples of past projects include creating a new Lobby Experience for visitors, building a campus-wide transportation-booking application for employees, and creating an IoT SmartBuilding platform. Our mission is to improve the campus experience for Microsoft employees!
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or an IT-related technical discipline OR 3+ years of industry software engineering experience.
* 5+ years in an engineering role such as program/product/solution manager.
Preferred, not required:
* Demonstrated engineering PM skills and a track record of project execution.
* Experience working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, developing project plans, and managing releases on short cycles (e.g. Agile, Scrum).
* Outstanding problem-solving skills and a passion to solve hard problems.
* Demonstrated experience delivering results in an ambiguous and changing environment.
* Experience with IoT, SmartBuilding technology, sensor technology, Building Information Management, architecture, AI/bots, or Real Estate & Security applications is a plus.
The ideal candidate will have excitement for helping design and build the corporate campus of the future.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.
* Partner with the Microsoft Real Estate & Security team to prioritize a product roadmap that enables our team to build a digitally transformed workspace for Microsoft employees.
* Plan and deliver each release, write user stories, and groom the backlog.
* Partner with our Software Engineering team as they build solutions to meet the needs of our stakeholders.
* Support the Agile project delivery cadence by helping balance team performance with tight deadlines.
* Ensure user stories are traceable, well-communicated, and aligned to the overall business or solution vision.
Microsoft is a technology company that develops and supports software, services, and devices.